Friday, August 17, 2007

Thrill Of It

First of all... HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!

Okay Lisa (Java), I did hit the pool today. Like I said I would. But, I was struggling. I don't know what the deal is. I know I need to work on my form. I know I need to get my goggles adjusted so I wear them when IN the pool, which will help me keep my head in the water. I tried to focus on my stroke, I tried to remember to keep my fingers together... ahh it was a mess. I did my 10x50M repeats with 45-60 second RI's. All in all I completed my 500M in about 23 minutes. Grr. I am SO slow. Oh well.

But....

After that, I had an itch to get on the bike and see what it was like after being in the water. Ha! Too much fun. I accomplished 6 miles in 16:43.(Although that doesn't seem right... I am never that fast)

And... I was DONE. By the time I got home, I was completely famished! But, it was a good feeling. Tonight, I was hoping to hit up some aps and taps with one of the girls in town, but she had to cancel, as her grandpa is in town. So, I guess I will have a date with my couch and watch High School Musical 2. Sad to say, but I am actually quite pumped.

Tomorrow I plan to hit up the spin class @ 9:15 before my 'rents get into town. We'll be attending the Blues Festival here in town. I can't wait.

OSN: 10x50M, with 45-60sec. RI, total: 500M
Duration: aprox. 23 minutes

OCN: 6 miles
Duration: 16:43


And for the highlight of my post.... a meme I found from Jess! ENJOY!

How many teeth do you have?
28. Yep. 28.

Have you ever had braces?
I had braces from 6th grade through 8th grade, I believe. And boy did I need them. But, I hated them.

Name and tell us a bit about a pet you had as a child.
The only pet I had when I was younger was our Shi-Tzu named Desi. We got her when I was an 8th grader ... and she passed away a couple years ago. *sniff, sniff*

Where were you born?
Bismarck, ND.... born and raised.

How many siblings do you have?
2 younger sisters.... love 'em to death!

What was your high school's mascot?
Demons! Yep, I was a demon!

What was your favorite Halloween costume (either childhood or adulthood)?
I think my favorite childhood costume (that I remember) was when I went as a punk rocker (like in 1991) and put pink paint in my hair and wore my hair in a high pony tail on the side! Crazy, I know!

What's your favorite smell?

I don't have just one... just baked cookies, rain, men's cologne, musky candles, etc.

What accomplishment are you most proud of?
As of right now, I would have to stay my greatest accomplishment is completing my masters in one year, while teaching.

Do you put the TP on the roll so that it feeds from the bottom or the top?
From the bottom. This might be ONE of my FEW obsessions.

Have you ever broken anything?
Dishes. lots of them. And probably a few men's hearts...but never on purpose!

If you could travel anywhere, and the budget was not a factor, where would you go?
If money wasn't a factor, I would take a month to travel the UK/Europe.

What is your dream job?
Besides persuing my passion of working with children, I still think a dream job of mine is to be a free-lance graphic designer.

What is your most embarrassing moment?
Hmm. I am sure I have many, as it isn't hard to do. But, the one that I can remember right off the bat is when I was in elementary school. It must have been 5th or 6th grade. I always got really nasty colds and was always "stuffed up" (as I had my adnoids removed in 6th grade). Anyway, I had a bad cold, and sitting on the gym floor before school started, my allergies got the best of me (with the carpeted floor), and I sneezed a big one. It was a mess. I was so embarassed. Yuck.

What is your worst fear?
I have nightmares and visions of knocking out my front teeth. For example, when walking down a flight of stairs, I slip and my face goes into the balcony, knocking out my front teeth. I think this fear started when I first got my braces.

What year did you graduate high school?

1999. ... ... 99!

What was one of your new year's resolutions for 2007?
Get fit and finish my masters! (well, I have accomplished the masters...still working on the fit part)


I won't tag anyone as Jess has tagged y'all! Feel free to join in the super fun!

Enjoy the music on your way out! Another great song to run/cycle to! I saw these guys in Chicago!


Robert Randolph & The Family Band - Thrill Of It

9 comments:

Scott McMurtrey said...

nice workout! that is fast on the bike - i think, right?

Happy Birthday Dad!

musky candle??

teacherwoman said...

Musky candle... like the smell of vanilla, or amber... those are musky!

J~Mom said...

WOOHOO!! You did it!! My first three weeks in the water were rough but you feel better after that! I noticed a huge improvement last week! Keep at it! I have no idea about times though so I think they look good!

Neese said...

one stroke at a time ;)

great meme from Jess, I do like these we get to know each other a bit more for sure.

Wes said...

Keep at it! The swimming does get easier, and don't worry about your rest intervals until you are comfortable, then start reducing them. Awesome, I say :-)

Deb said...

You are well on your way in the training dept (and the other parts of your life as well!). This time next year I'll be reading tri reports! Can't wait!!

Unknown said...

I like your answer on what you've broken. LOL.

Marcy said...

You graduated in 99?!? I thought you were my age LOL. You're the same age as my sister though ;-)

Anonymous said...

Guess I should read your current posts before commenting on later ones. Did you like High School Musical 2?

P.S. YAY for Europe! Let's go! Congrats on the Masters in 1 year too! That's nuts!