Wednesday, July 18, 2007

101 Things About Me

New... and Updated...

  1. I am known as Teacherwoman to most... but please, feel free to call me Stacy.
  2. I am a special education strategist...working in an elementary setting..
  3. I have only lived in one state. North Dakota.
  4. The beautiful endless prairie, ... the Badlands covering the west, the hills and valleys, and the ferocious wind on the east.
  5. I love seeing the change in season... summer, fall, winter, winter, spring.
  6. I used to think I needed to get out of this state to be happy... now I just plan on doing a lot of traveling during my months off.
  7. I hope to get to Europe in 2008.... maybe on a Contiki Tour.
  8. I have been running since May of '06.
  9. I have a love/hate relationship with running...
  10. I love it most of the time..
  11. ...and hate it when I have minor setbacks.
  12. I have done a handful of 5k's
  13. and look forward to my first half marathon in the fall.
  14. I don't know if I will ever have the desire to run a full marathon.
  15. I have wanted to train for a triathlon,
  16. but haven't had much access to a pool... not anymore!
  17. I love spinning.. and hope to get into another class.
  18. The stairstepper and doing lunges kill me.
  19. But I do like the jello-y feeling left in my legs aftwards.
  20. I love spending time with family and friends.
  21. I am the eldest (and wiser) of 3.
  22. I have two younger sisters.
  23. I can't stand to sit and do nothing.
  24. I need to keep myself constantly busy.
  25. I love to paint... but find it hard to find time.
  26. I love to follow basketball and baseball...
  27. ...and some football in there.
  28. ... and some Sioux hockey.
  29. UNC Tarheels are my favorite NCAA basketball team.
  30. The Twins are my favorite MLB team.
  31. I love following a lot of NBA Teams...
  32. Timberwolves, Bulls, Suns, Heat, ...
  33. ... I didn't care much for the Lakers....
  34. because of Kobe...
  35. but that might change this year.
  36. The University of North Dakota is my alma mater ... twice.
  37. I love food. all kinds of food.
  38. especially pasta, potatoes, pizza, chicken.
  39. ... but I hate shrimp.
  40. I have tried all kinds.
  41. My downfall is salty chips, peanut M&M's, and soda.
  42. If I get hungry... you'll know it. I tend to get crabby... or edgy.
  43. I do have an occassional coffee drink... but I do not like black coffee...
  44. ...but love my sugar-free caramel lattes, ..mocha's, ...and mocha frappacino's.
  45. I love running with all my gadgets.
  46. nano, garmin, heart rate monitor...
  47. I also love the occasional run with another person...
  48. usually my parents or sister.
  49. I have never run with a group...
  50. ... as it scares the crap out of me.
  51. I am always afraid I will hold others back.
  52. I don't spend a lot of time watching tv shows,
  53. I would rather watch any game on television.
  54. But when there is no game on,
  55. I like to watch Grey's Anatomy, American Idol, House,
  56. I also love watching all the crime investigating shows like Law & Order and CSI.
  57. I love all kinds of musics.
  58. especially jazz, blues, and oldies for relaxation.
  59. I love my hip hop, rock, trance, and disco for running.
  60. I love curling up with a good book.
  61. a good love story, memior, or biography.
  62. especially on rainly, gloomy, or snowy days.
  63. that... and baking!
  64. I tend to get along better with guys.
  65. Sometimes girls have too much drama.
  66. and tend to hold too many grudges.
  67. Don't get me wrong.. I love my girlfriends!
  68. When it comes to spending time with friends,
  69. I would rather hang out at a friends house (grillin', drinkin', laughin'), rather than at the bar.
  70. I do like an occasional good time at the bar...
  71. but find it hard to do when in trianing mode.
  72. During the school year, I am usually getting ready for bed by 9:00-9:30.
  73. .. hopefully sleeping by 10pm.
  74. Those kids wear me out.
  75. I am definitely a morning person.
  76. I would rather workout at 5am than at 5pm.
  77. Some are amazed that I have enough patience for the demands of my job and students.
  78. sometimes I am amazed as well.
  79. Some wonder how I can work with children... let alone children with cognitive and behavorial disabilities.
  80. I try not to get emotionally involved with my work.
  81. But.... easier said than done...
  82. especially when you see or hear the struggles some of my students have in and outside of the school setting.
  83. I absolutely hate being late for anything.
  84. I am always early.
  85. I don't wear much make-up, besides some concealer, eye shadow, and mascara. I would rather go with out.
  86. I would rather wear shorts and a t-shirt than dress up daily.
  87. Although, I do ocassionally like to dress-up.
  88. even though I don't get many calls, I have to have my cell phone with me at all times.
  89. I will cook a good meal every night...
  90. if someone will do the grocery shopping.
  91. I will do the laundry and vacuuming if someone cleans the bathrooms.
  92. I have to have a glass of water by my bed ... even if I don't drink it......it can't be from the night before and it has to be fresh... and cold.
  93. I usually fall asleep with the tv on.
  94. I would rather have any doctor appointment over going to the dentist.
  95. I have never broken a bone or had stitches...
  96. Thursday is my favorite day of the week.
  97. I don't know exactly why.
  98. eventually, I want my own dog.
  99. Preferably a bigger dog.
  100. when I get a "home" of my own.
  101. Over the past year.. I have learned that everything happens for a reason. ... Sometimes good.. sometimes bad.... and we just have to make the most of it.

14 comments:

Jess said...

Too much to read, I'll have to revisit when I have more time!

Anne said...

One of my daughters is on a European Contiki tour right now and absolutely loves it. So will you! Save those pennies.

Brooke said...

Stacy! So you do have a real name. Who knew? ;-)

Now I have to go change my links to your new site. Congrats on the new look.

The Pensive Turtle said...

Hey - cool blog! Added you to my list of daily reads & am looking forward to hearing about your adventures :)

Mom tried decaf once said...

Those are great! I love them!

Marcy said...

I TOTALLY would have pegged you for a Jessica for some reason LOL Same here with the no broken bones or stitches. Thanks for sharing those ;D

miss petite america said...

i used to love kobe, then he cheated on his pregnant wife. he's still nice to look at, but makes me want to barf now.

Unknown said...

49-51: Groups should be accomodating, but I understand that all are not. We usually have a rule on our group runs that someone always runs with a new person and at their pace.

I like the new site.

Runner Leana said...

I've never had a broken bone or stitches either...and running in a group scares me too..!! Love the new page Stacy. Good luck with the move.

Mike said...

I'd absolutely recommend running with a group. It's worthwhile finding out beforehand if they run at your pace (it would be discouraging to try and hang with the Kenyans), but if they do have a compatible pace, I think you'll find the experience to be very satisfying.

For me, one of the keys to staying motivated is doing different types of runs. Running with a group is a great one of those types.

Danielle said...

Wow, we have quite a bit in common. I'm usually better friends with guys too. And I love Grey's and House!

Just came across your blog. I tell you, once you run a half, you'll start thinking, hmmm....a full, even if just once...there's just something about it.

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

Wow - 101 things - very impressive list. I don't know if I could do the same.
Amy
http://blog.runnerslounge.com

Michele said...

great list and love the new site

Lesley Looper said...

Interesting list! :)

How did you get to be a UNC fan, out in North Dakota?