Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Thanks, y'all

First of all, I am super tired today and it's not because I have worked my ars off at the gym. I wish. Today was the first of two training days for work, training dealing with behaviors. I didn't fall asleep last night until close to midnight, mostly due to being anxious. I am like a little school girl at the beginning of the year, or atleast have been for the past 4 years. I am starting yet, another year, at a different school with knowing no-one. But all was good and my brain grew as well. Sounds like I am going to have a lot more behavior kids this year than I have ever... fun fun. Now, I need to work on getting back to a normal sleep, work, and workout schedule....

Today after my long day of training, I decided to get my gym membership. It's time. I went to the downtown location, because that is the one with the pool, and so-called spin classes. They don't call it spin... so I hope it isn't a joke. Tomorrow, if all works out, I am going to attempt getting back into "spin".... we'll see how that goes!

Thanks to all of those who have left comments on my previous post. I truely appreciate it, even if you didn't have any advice as far as training schedules! Thanks to Lisa for the website, and I have looked that one over previously... Thanks to Lisa for the reference to her training schedule, which I have peeked at numerous times, thanks to Lance for his wonderful advice, thanks to Danielle and Mendy for potiential race options, and thanks to Phoenix for reminding me that my first tri should probably consist of a pool, rather than open swim... thanks, thanks, and thanks! And... thanks to my cheer team! I can see Randy with Pom Poms now!!

With all of the resources I have been looking at, as well as the information gathered from you - fellow bloggers, I have chosen to work on building base. I want to become a better swimmer and work on my technique, along with becoming a better runner/cyclist.

In the process of building base, my training will consist of: run 2-3x, bike 2-3x, and swim 2x. I really look forward to incorporating brick workouts into my training as well. This will all depend on the gym schedule (ie. lap swim & spin, which will be changing the end of August), whether I want to do it in the AM/PM, and anything else that is going on in my life.. Along with those three things, I would also like to get back into pilates and attempting some yoga. Each sunday night, I hope to gather my info (events happening that week, and gym schedules), determine my schedule for that week, and post it for blogland to see.... and me to stick to. Ha! I am superly excited to get back into a workout routine!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the new training schedule.

Wes said...

Sounds hectic! Ahhhh.... To be young again :-) I think you should run three times a week and swim and bike once a week until you have found the tri you want to train for. Then, you can kick the training into gear, based on your plan. My two cents! Good luck, girlfriend! You will be an awesome teacher!!!

IronGambit said...

blog land makes you do it, that way you have something to blog about! haha :)

Scott McMurtrey said...

i hope the new gym works out. (hee hee, get it? gym - works out)

and i'm anxious to see how you kick off the new training. it's gonna be a blast.

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Best of Luck with the new school year....here's your challenge for the year....make a difference to the kids you teach....figure out what that means to them....and make a difference so that in a few years they will look back upon their schooling and you will be a standout for them to remember..fondly.

As to the gym and the training, you will find the mode that is right for you....keep blogging so we can all hold you accountable and offer praise along the way...never underestimate the power of your blog-buddies.

OH!!! while I'm thinking of it Bonnie and I will be in North Dakota the first week in September, do you still have my email address? It's on my blog now I think if you don't....we are going to be in Drayton...which I think is too far north of you...but we will also be spending some time with friends in Grand Forks....which I think is closer...I'll be tapering for our Missouri marathon...but should have my shoes with me....

Brooke said...

You are going to be a busy bee. It will be fun though. Maybe I'll learn something through your training.

Jess said...

As a teacher myself, I can tell ya, I get a little nervous before every semester and have for 7 years. And I was once talking about it with a professor of mine when I was in grad school and he said after 30 years of teaching, he still felt that way before each new semester and said it was a good thing: it means you care. And from what I know of you from your blog, that is certainly true.

So, don't be worried about being worried, be worried once that apprehension goes away. Then, I suppose, it would be time to find a new profession.

Danielle said...

A new plan, new training, etc is always good. I need to work on that myself.

Pool probably a good idea for a first tri, although if you are comfortable in water an open swim probably wouldn't be too bad. I know the one I recommended for this year had perfect conditions, the lake was glass and I didn't think the swim looked bad at all, in fact, if there had been openings, I might have just jumped in and done it, not having swam any distance in years!

Krista said...

Nice plan! I've been contemplating entering triatha-land for a while now, as well. Maybe reading your posts will inspire me! In any case, good luck. Hope you're able to slide into your new schedules with ease as the school year begins.

Ms Eva said...

A great plan. Best of luck to you as you begin this new journey. :)

psbowe said...

Those spin(cycling) classes are nice, I think. I believe it's really help me with running, my strides feel a little more smooth and greater endurance.

J~Mom said...

I would always get so nervous with the start of each new year! You will do awesome though and teachers are so friendly, you will have friends in no time!

I like your plan but I think Wes has good advice. If you get tired like I am then just back off a bit.

Anne said...

A wise choice of goals during the dog days of summer. And I love the look of the new blog.

Runner Leana said...

Sounds like you've got a great plan in mind. Way to go! Good luck with the new school year!

Mmem said...

You are dedicated, this is so cool! Wow!

Congrats on the gym membership and on your new adventure!