Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The learning never ends...

My intentions, as stated yesterday, were to get up at the butt-crack of dawn and hit the gym for the 6am spin class. Intentions. That is what they were. But, when I hit the pillow at 10:30 and couldn't fall asleep, I knew it probably wasn't gonna happen. Before going to bed, I noticed a headache coming on, but was too lazy to take anything. Well, that came back to haunt me and I woke up at 4am with a worse headache, took something, and then tossed back and forth in bed for the next couple hours. No morning spin for this girl.

So after spending most of the day at the school, meeting a lot of the teachers/staff, looking at my classroom (ah, it's so perrrty).... I came home and crammed in my 45 min pilates video before spin. Yes, before spin. And... off to spin I was.

It went really well. Really well. I learned a few things, and felt that I worked my ars off on that bike. Literally. Well, hopefully. The instructor was awesome and really knew what she was doing. I learned about proper form in the aggressive position, making sure all the weight is on your lower extremities and not your hands or shoulders. I learned how to do proper "push-ups" on the bike, while cycling, ... which have left my arms feeling like jello. And, I have learned how important and helpful it is to keep your shoulders back and use your core appropriately!

Once we finished on the bike, we stretched and then did a few yoga poses to stretch some more. I am considering taking a yoga class sometime. Sometime.

OCN: 14.78 miles
Duration: 47:12

All and all... it was definitely an adrenaline rush. This instructor is switching to a different schedule... so I will have to follow! I have posted below a clip of a very similar song that we spun to last... nothing but the speed! If you ever need a good song to cycle to.... go with DJ MYSTIC! Techno baby!

P.S. That is not me in the pic... it was found on Google Images...

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go! It would have been easy to blow off the workouts completely, but you did not. I am glad to here your classroom is pretty. Mine leaves a little to be desired, but hopefully I can spruce it up a bit.

bbieberitz said...

You have fit system in you house that you ride on?

teacherwoman said...

NO... that was just a pic I found online...sorry for the confusion.

Jess said...

Good job on the spin workout, sounds like it rocked!

Anonymous said...

You're right, summer is coming to an end :( I'm sort of pumped to go back to school though and hope you are too!

Wes said...

I think I'm afraid of spin class. All those hot sweaty women kicking my butt. Nope, not me. I'll take my bike and my hills and my 13.5 miles per hour ;-) LOL...

L*I*S*A said...

Your spin workout sounds awesome. I simply must get back into the swing of that. I did it faithfully twice per week a few years ago. The time has come to dust off the Specialized shoes!

Marcy said...

I still think you're crazy :P LOL JK! You're a better woman than I am to take up Spin class.

Krista said...

With every post, you're warming me up to the idea of spin class ... the bikes still scare me, but it sounds like a great workout.

psbowe said...

It's still pretty tough to hit a early morning spin class regardless...but way to go on making up the class on the same day too!

J~Mom said...

Whew, sounds awesome!! Great workout!

:) said...

Sounds like fun!!!

MNFirefly said...

Wow! You really put some effort into it.

Danielle said...

Good job. I know the best laid intentions of workouts in the morning and then not sleeping or not being able to get up. Good job in going to the later class and then finding an instructor you really like!

Larissa said...

I've yet to take a spin class - should really get on that one.

WTG for going and kickin' your own ass on the bike. That's what is all about BAYBEE.

david santos said...

Congratulations for your work, that is very good, and have a good month of vacation

Deb said...

That is awesome!!!! After a long day...that's when I find it hardest. Great job!

Unknown said...

Good job!

I'd try spin, but I think I'm basically allergic to the gym and all things indoors...that's partly why I stick to outside stuff where possible

Anonymous said...

Good for you for getting in a double workout! Sounds like a good class.

I'm glad to hear you like your classroom. When does school start?

Molly said...

I REALLY have to start spinning again!

Take Care

Mendy said...

Ahhh... spin class sounds so much fun. It's been forever since I've been. I did enjoy it and need to get back at it. Good job getting all that working out in! no matter what time you got up, you still did it!!! Hope your head is better.

IronGambit said...

I love techno! and sorry for skipping out on ND!!! ;)

Scott McMurtrey said...

thanks, now i listen to that dj mystic song while i brush my teeth. they've never been so clean!