Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thirsty Thursday

I went out for a nice run this morning, followed by 20 minutes of pilates. The run went really well and I only had to take a couple walk breaks. The distance was a little bit further than my last run... ... . baby steps.

Yesterday I took a well needed rest day. It was decided before the day had even begun, and I was thankful for that. I don't think any run, swim, or cycling would have been very successful if I would have attempted. My body was drained. I am still trying to get back into fueling my body appropriately, including drinking an adequate amount of water. I am better about getting enough water during the school year, as I always carry my water bottle with me.

So how did I spend my rest day, one might ask? I did spend the morning at the school trying to work with some of the other special ed teachers and ELL teachers on scheduling. My LEAST favorite part of special ed and the new school year. There is nothing easy about trying to schedule. You have to schedule when your going to be in the classroom with students, when you are going to pull them out, trying to avoid their music/p.e. time, speech time, ELL time, OT/PT, etc... But, my favorite part is setting up my room and doing some back-to-school shopping! I did a little yesterday and found a couple pairs of paints and a few tops. I am leaving here shortly to do a little more shopping again!! From there I spent the rest of the day watching the Twins, and catching up on the new season of The Hills and The Real World... a couple of my guilty pleasures...

ORN: 2.72 miles
Duration: 33:30
Avg Pace: 12:18
Avg HR: 168
Max HR: 189 (eeks!)


On a side note... it is Thirsty Thursday. Boy do I miss those days in college. I might have to go out for a couple tonight... any takers??!?!

Tomorrow? Back in the pool!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, you sound like someone I would love to hang out with! Shopping, drinks, and swimming.... what more could a girl need to enjoy summer? ;-)

P.S. Just a little side note. I saw you mentioned OT -that's actually what I was going to school for the last 2 years. Not really important, just a random observation!

Anonymous said...

P.S. I love The Hills ;-)

Wes said...

I would join you, but I really need to abstain until after my race next weekend. Raise a few in my direction!!

Steve Stenzel said...

God, I'd LOVE to go for a drink!

Jess said...

I'd join you if I were there. But it's bolwing otnight for me, so I will certainly take advantage of Thirsty Thursday -- and I'm feelin parched today!

Brooke said...

Staci,
To find out who's reading your blog you must register with site meter...http://www.sitemeter.com/
You register your blog with them and you must add the logo to your side bar (instructions are on the site) After that you can monitor who reads your blog and if you click on referrals, it will tell you the google stuff.

Joe said...

I like your new pad (blog).

Mmem said...

Yeah, Thurs night was the big night at our school too, back in the day...enjoy!

WTG on the run & Pilates, AND on taking the much-needed rest day!

Nat said...

I agree with missing those days in college....I wish I could go back. Well, okay maybe I don't but it's fun to imagine it for a while isn't it? Nothing sounds better right now than a beer!

J~Mom said...

Ah college days...seem so long ago now. ;>) Great job on your run!

L*I*S*A said...

Ah yes, Thirsty Thursdays. I remember (kinda) how great they were.

*sniff sniff*...I miss college. :)

Runner Leana said...

Those rest days are important too! Sounds like a busy time for you at work anyways. It is hard to believe that school is almost back up...