Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Rambling Wednesday

I have been so tired in the past week or so. Especially the past 4 our 5 days. I haven't slept very well this week, mostly due to anticipation and a bit of stress, as well as setting my alarm for a time earlier than actually getting up (and then falling back to sleep for 45 minutes), with the hopes of getting in some pilates, yoga, or strength training before starting the work day. It just hasn't happened the way I would like.

I knew that once the school year started that I wouldn't be able to carry out the same weekly schedules as I have had in the past few weeks. At least I won't be able to until I get things settled and into a routine with school. This probably won't happen for a couple weeks.

Tonight, I was "planning" on going for a nice run. Didn't happen. I opted for running a couple necessary errands, making a decent dinner, and heading to bed early. Tomorrow I hope to hit the gym for some much desired spin... and if I have enough energy in me I plan to run a couple miles afterwards.

The only part of my workout schedule that I would like to keep set in stone is my spin class. The instructor is teaching Tuesday and Thursday shortly after I would leave for work. This is perfect. In a perfect world, I would like to do a few runs in the AM during the week, allowing me to stay at work as long as necessary (on my non-spinning days), without feeling guilty for not doing any sort of physical activity. Plus, that way, I won't have to do much paperwork at home in the evening. As far as swimming goes, I would like to get a swim one day during the week, and one during the weekend. We'll see how it all pans out.

Not much but a few rambles from the voice of a very tired teacher.... but this is definitely something I have been thinking about. I like to have a schedule, mostly for that routine.

Last, but not least, I have inserted a link to a cool slide show I found. I guess I found it to be cool, since it is a wonderful slide show of my Alma Mata.... And, it shows the beautiful colors of ND. Something us North Dakotan's can take for granted!


And actually, if you look at the first picture on the far right, the building on the right in that picture is a building I spent most of my college career at!

Happy Hump Day, y'all!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your post made me a feel a little better. With my eyes dragging over the pages of my communication book -I'm feeling so drained and tired and just want to go to bed. Trying to get back into the groove of school. I feel your pain sista! AND, I'm feeling a bit lost with scheduling in workouts.

P.S. All your pics of ND make me want to move there, or at least visit sometime!

L*I*S*A said...

I'm so not ready to get back into the grind of nursing school. I'm relishing these last few days before the craziness begins!

I like your idea of running before work, getting that out of the way, then you'll have the rest of the day to yourself. I used to do that, too. It worked very well.

Wes said...

Its going to take a little while to get into the new routine :-) You've done this before, right? Persevere!!!

Jess said...

Teaching the first few weeks of a new year is exhausting, so it's understandable that you're tired. Focus on your work and when you get settled, you'll re-discover your workout routine.

IronGambit said...

hey, at least you "ran" some errands! ;)