Monday, August 6, 2007

A little bit of this, a little bit of that...

Saturday we had our anual family golf tournament. The weather last year was a near 100 degrees and humid, this year it was only about 80 degrees, but sunny. It was only nine holes, but the walking seemed like quite the workout, especially on some of the minor hills! We play "best ball" so it was not so tense and quite fun. The county fair was going on at the same time, so the tractor pull event was quite distracting on holes 1-4. All and all, our team came out with -2, as did many other teams. It just wasn't enough for us to get the big "W". But, it was fun! I am contemplating buying myself a set of clubs this fall (when they are on sale), and doing a little more practicing before next August. I only golfed once before this tournament.

Yesterday, I chose not to do any running or biking, but to relax with Mom and my sister before I left home. We hit up the movie "Hairspray" which was wonderful! And then, I spent the rest of the evening working on the binding of my quilt. Yes, people, that is correct. I have almost finished my first quilt. (That's what happens when I am home, with no summer job, and have that creative bug in me.)

Today has been another uneventful day. It has pretty much down poured all day (which is needed)... so there was no running or cycling... but tomorrow I am going to work on getting my gym membership, hoping to find a spin class to get into.... and eventually get back into the pool! It's been almost a year!

14 comments:

IronGambit said...

aw yes, first to post! hahah :)

Molly said...

I am a knitter, TOTALLY understand!
Hope that you can find a good spinning class soon!
Best ball is the ONLY way I can be talked into playing golf!

Take Care!

J~Mom said...

I love crafts so I totally understand! I bought the stuff to start quilting but I found running first. LOL

You have the cutest family!

Wes said...

Was the golfing such a workout because y'all were spraying it all over the course? :-) Did sound like loads of fun though!

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

I bet you are starting to get excited about school starting soon....

It's got to be tough to golf in ND in the winter time...even with flourescent balls....LOL...

Good luck on finding a gym and a spin class....

akshaye said...

what fun.. although the county fair happening on the golf course is pretty unusual!

summer's almost over so im sure you'll have plenty to do soon.

Marcy said...

OMG are the words "fun" and "golf" supposed to be in the same sentence? LOL

Allez said...

I've only ever done putt-putt golf. And that's good enough for me!

Jess said...

I haven't been golfing in years -- and I live on a golf course!

Ms Eva said...

I started my first quilt (a small one for a baby) when my son was born. It remains unfinished and he is nearing 3 years! I just have to do the binding and since I'll have to do it by hand, I keep putting it off! :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfectly pleasant day!

As for the golfing bit, I've never been. I can barely survive mini-golf!

Mendy said...

I have really started enjoying it (well, the few times I've been out golfing). I even bought myself a set of clubs this past weekend, and got outside to hit a few last night in our backyard. I am horrible at it, but do enjoy it.

Sounds like you had fun! Best ball is the "best" way to play, imo.

Unknown said...

I haven't golfed for a long time, but I always liked playing those 'best ball' tourneys. Loads of fun.

Danielle said...

Best ball tournaments are fun. I haven't golfed in forever though...