Thursday, August 9, 2007

Just Paradise

Had 20 minutes of Pilates for breakfast, training during the day, and topped it off with one fine spin session. Just paradise! It's been 3 months since my last spin session and it was noticeable. I loved it, and look forward to incorporating it into my regular routine again.... possibly 2x a week! We did our spin session for about 45 minutes with a 5 minute cool down, and then went to the floor for some ab work, pushups, and stretching with yoga "poses".

Let me say... if you have never tried spin... it is definitely worth it. It does so much for my legs, arms, and core. It's amazing. It works muscles (hard), that you usually don't work on a regular 3-4 mile run. Awesome, awesome ... did I mention, awesome??

OCN: 14.5 miles
Type: Spin
Duration: 1:00:00

20 comments:

Wes said...

That's what I like about riding my bike. It works my core real good :-) Awesome even!!

MNFirefly said...

Awesome job!

Marcy said...

I don't know . . . it kind of scares me LMAO!

Vickie said...

Spin classes are a good introduction to the real thing. And something to fall back on in the dark months of northern winters.

Mendy said...

Thanks for reminding me of how much I liked spin class, when I was doing it! I'm going back to it next week!

Great job on your workout!!

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Ok...awesome I can understand...but I've just got to ask...what does OCN stand for...I think I've seen you use it before and now curiousity is going to kill the cat...unless he runs out in front of the car in which case the car will....well never mind...

Great job...glad to hear the spin class there sounds as good as the one in GF.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! I tried it once and my hip hurt so bad I never went back!

Danielle said...

Hmm...I've never done spinning, if I join a gym again, maybe I'll have to try it.

jahowie said...

Hey was it awesome? :-) I've always wanted to try a spin class. I'm glad that you are enjoying your workouts again.

Jess said...

Good job!

Krista said...

Glad the new spin class worked out! I'm still scared of those crazy looking bikes

Scott McMurtrey said...

i did try a spin class a couple years back and it pretty much scared me. i admit that i was intimidated. i haven't done it again. am i a bad person?

Ms Eva said...

I've tried spinning just once - enjoyed the workout - but my butt was so sore!

Mmem said...

I have always been afraid of spin, it looks so hard!!!

WTG!

psbowe said...

I agree spinning is a blast...glad yours is working out for you. A great instructor makes all the difference.

J~Mom said...

Great job with the spinning!! I know that is harder then bike riding on the street!

Molly said...

you know THAT is what I have to get back into...spinning is like the biggest high and no knee pounding!

Take Care

Unknown said...

I am afraid of spin classes. Ultra's, fine...spin classes, scary!

akshaye said...

wow.. you had a blast!

Deb said...

How fun! I love spin to. It's great to mix it up a bit and get a really good workout in. Do I see triathlon in your future?? ;)