Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Spinning .... with control

Today was a much better day than yesterday. It helped to have read some of your wonderful messages before heading out at 7am this morning. The teachers were very accomodating and were okay with my scheduling for today. I was able to see most of my students, and that really made the day go by so fast! I have a few students that are quite the spitfires. I also have a few that I will need to light a fire under. For sure.

On a non-school/teaching/students related note, I was able to make it to the gym tonight. All I can say is "Ahhh...". I felt like I went to hell and back during our spin session, but it felt so good. I am going to try and get to spin on thursday again, but it is at 4:25 and that might not happen. We'll see.

OCN: 16.78 miles
Duration 43:12
Avg Pace: 2:34/mi

I thought I would share another great piece of music for cycling.....

CASTLES IN THE SKY


get it, crank it up, and spin out!


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything went well today. Keep us updated!!

L*I*S*A said...

Sounds like a great day! Love the spinning tune, too.

jahowie said...

Nice job on the spin class. I hope that the rest of your week goes well.

Jess said...

Good job on the spinning!

Jess said...

Glad to hear things went well at school today AND you were able to get to spin!

IronGambit said...

castles in the sky is one of my favorites

Danielle said...

I just can't even imagine being a teacher let alone teaching special ed...hope it all goes well and you maintain your excitement in helping the kids get where they need to be.

Good job on the class too!!

I'm actually starting to consider the idea of a tri next year now too...need to find a pool to get some swimming in...:)

Neese said...

yeah it's official you are teaching!!! congrats on a good start and keepin it spinnin too!

Mmem said...

Oh, you have OCN's now instead of ORN's...good spin!

Glad school is looking good:-)

J~Mom said...

Glad it's going well!! I love your spinning tunes!

Scott McMurtrey said...

spinning is evil. just like you said - to hell and back. :)

here's a big HIGH FIVE for your first couple days of school!