Life: I love to read, and I told myself that I would pick that back up once I was done with graduate school. I have about 10 books to read on my bookshelf! I have also thought of starting some sort of book club; whether here in ND, or a virtual one in blogland. I also love to paint. I haven't really done much since highschool and I would like to get back into that. I prefer to do landscapes, farms, etc. As long as I have a pic to refer to, I am willing to attempt it. I would also love to do some more traveling... and I hope a race or two might require me to do so!
Health: I want to do the following 3 things - Eat better. Sleep better. Take my vitamins... everyday. Plain and simple.
Fitness: I have many races I am looking at for 2008 and will probably not decide on until later. I want to try a few different races and distances, as I have only done 5K's in the past. Here's a few of the races I am looking at in 2008:
- Fargo Half Marathon - 5.17.08
- Bismarck Sprint Triathlon - 6.08.08
- Prairie Rose State Games 10K - 7.15.08
- Twin Cities 10-miler - 10.05.08
- Danskin Triathlon
- UND Homecoming Race - Grand Forks, ND (end of Sept./early Oct)
- Homerun 10K - Fargo, ND
- 5K (or 10K) Turkey Trot - Bismarck, ND (Thanksgiving Day)
- 5K Jingle Bell Run - Fargo, ND (First weekend in Dec.)
- Zoo Year's Eve 5K - Bismarck, ND (Last Sunday in December)
If my first half marathon goes well, I would like to attempt one in August/September out of state. I have a few ideas, but I am always open for more ...
In training for my first real triathlon, I would like to take the time to really improve my endurance in swimming. With my running, I am not looking to improve speed. Instead, I want to be able to build my mileage, slowly, and without injuring myself. I have been looking over the Jeff Galloway plan and have heard such good things about it.
Happy New Year's, y'all! :)