Monday, January 14, 2008

Smooth like buttah!

Do you ever have those workouts where you just feel like you could do it over again tomorrow, and the next day, and the day after that? Well, I had a wonderful run yesterday, and my swim today went very smoothly. I started with 50M breast, then 7 x 50M free with about 30 seconds Rest Intervals (RI). From there I did 4x100M free style with 1 minute RI, nice and slow. I finished my swim with 2 - 100M free style sprints.

The pool was so busy that there were 3-4 people in each lane. It was nice though, because it kept me going. I like to go fast, kicking hard to getting that blood flowing in my legs again. I almost contemplated running afterwards, but figured I would save it for tomorrow!

OSN: 1000M
50M breast
7x50M free (30 sec. RI)
4x100M free (1 min. RI)
2x100M free sprint

Tomorrow? 30 minute run followed by a 30 minute bike and lifting, abs, and stretching. Only 1 more week before I start training for this half marathon!

11 comments:

jahowie said...

You are doing great with your workouts!! I know exactly what you mean. There are days where I get such a high from a workout that I just want to keep going, and going!! I'm glad that the swimming is going well.

Marathoner in Training said...

That sounds like a wonderful workout. Keep it up.

Ms Eva said...

I love those days! I'm glad to see the workouts are smooth.... keep it going!

Marcy said...

Oooohhhhh HM training coming up, sweet!! ;D ;D Looks like a good one!

Sara said...

I love it when workouts feel like that!!!

Wes said...

Nice swim, chica! Let the half marathon training begin!! Woo hoo!!!

Neese said...

nice! we should all have more of those kind of days! you'll do great with half training!

Joe said...

Good job on the swim. Nice to see that you have reached the 1000 meter plateau. 2000 meters can't be far behind!

Jess said...

Awesome job chica!

RunnerGirl said...

Great job!

Danielle said...

Huh, I hadn't realized Fargo is on Saturday, had been thinking it was Sunday...hmmm...I kept saying one year i was going to run a marathon on my birthday...I think I'm only going for a half, but now that makes me wonder...I have one around here i might do though...but still...hmm...:)

One of these days I SOOO need to get back in the pool