Sunday, January 27, 2008

Happy Days

After lying around reading and watching basketball all day yesterday, I was ready to get out of the apartment as my ADD was kicking in ... which a couple could vouch for at dinner. Dinner at Outback was good .... and so were the margarita's ... we had to take advantage of the 2-for-1's prior to 7pm ... It just looked pretty bad when all the glasses took up the majority of our table... can someone please come and take a few of these away?Afterwards we checked out a local band, Serious Sam, at one of the bars in town. They were just a cover band, but pretty good.

After church, pizza, and a disappointing Celtics game, I was itching to get my "long run" in. I had talked previously about the nice weather we were going to be getting today and I just had to take advantage of it. 3.5 miles was on the "schedule", but I was hoping
to do more than that. I probably overdressed; wearing pants, tank top, long sleeved shirt, zip up jacket, light weight mittens, and a head band. The mittens were gone about 10 minutes into it. After avoiding small puddles, packed snow, and ice patches; I had completed one large neighborhood loop consisting of a close 4 miles. What a great way to finish off the first week of this half marathon training. If I could have it my way, it would be nice every weekend so I can do my "long runs" outdoors and get the feel for it on the road, rather than on the thrillmill.
ORN: 3.91 miles
Fair 34°F (Feels Like 26°F)
The image “http://image.weather.com/web/common/wxicons/52/34.png?12122006” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Congrats, to Jess on completing the Miami Half Marathon! Way to go! ... and nice job, Steph, on your endurance ride today... 38 miles?? You're hardcore!

I am off to watch some b-ball and read my book!

13 comments:

Molly said...

2 for 1 = trouble!
My trouble usually happens at Chilis.
Great run...I am so impressed you go out in that weather...makes me feel like a wuss!
Thanks again for starting the book club...loving it!
Take Care

akshaye said...

nice run.. i guess thats very rare weather for this time of the year for you. guess what..I got the book on Friday and did not sleep until I finished. It was so great I just could not put it down!

Unknown said...

Nice run! Those margaritas look good. I don't get to partake in much of that these days.

J~Mom said...

2 for 1 huh? Looks like fun!

Jess said...

Thanks for the shout out!

After all those margaritas, I can't believe you accomplished so much!

Wes said...

Nice job on the drinking :-) and the run too!!! I wore 2 long sleeve shirts on my run and tights and it was in the forties! LOL!! I'm all about being warm.

Ms Eva said...

Nice run! I wish I could get out there!

Jess said...

Sounds like a great weekend...nice job on the run!

Marcy said...

LMAO! Love that first pic!! Swwweeeettt!

Sara said...

yummy those margaritas look appetizing!!

Great run!!

Brooke said...

Hey, you looked good. That's all that matters...right?

RunnerGirl said...

Nice run, especially after the two for ones!

Danielle said...

2 for 1...if you come down here sometime, we'll have to get together. I can introduce you to a place where it's 2 for 1 from 10 am to 6 pm, then 2 for 1 again from 9-11...and that's on ANYTHING (yes, you order a kamie, you get two).