Monday, December 31, 2007

2007: A Year In Review

Here is my run-down of 2007.


12 Months of 2007 style.


January: I started the year off with some minor soreness... due to running a 5K on extremely hard surface with a combination of compacted snow and ice. I started spinning and loved it. I found it to be a great cross trainer. I was looking forward to starting my last semester (of 3) of graduate school.


February: Not much here. Just running and spinning. A lot of spinning... especially when my ankle started to bother me and I had to cut back on the miles and "interval sessions" on the treadmill. Maybe intervals wasn't what I should have been focusing on at the time... you live, injure... and learn. A little fun was had... I put together a bachelorette party for the sis ... tucked away in a nice and cozy cabin in MN!


March: Great month of running and spinning...logging almost 50 miles in both. Our Sioux went to the Frozen Four... and my Tarheels lost in Overtime to Georgetown... what else do you want me to say?


April: Celbrated another bachelorette party... in the Twin Cities. Things started to get really busy with graduate school. Finalizing my paper for graduation, and a few other projects... as well as paperwork at work. My sister moved home to prepare for the wedding, and I moved in with my aunt to finish off the school year. Crazy busy... but fun times were had by all!


May: Graduated with my Masters in Special Education... finally! My cousin got married and I was blessed to be a personal attendant in her wedding! I finished off the school year and ended up moving home to help prepare for the beautiful wedding.


June: With all the wedding preparations, it was here and gone before we knew it... But it was beautiful.. and fun! After a handful of interviews, I finally landed myself a special education teaching position ... at the elementary level... in ND.


July: Hurt my knee pretty good on a long run...which pretty much put a halt on my running for what seemed like an eternity. My parents (and baby sis) helped me make the big move to Fargo, ND... and then I topped off the month with an awesome trip to Chicago.... with the purpose of hittin' up Eric Clapton's Crossroad Guitar Festival!


August: Things started to settle down and I began preparing myself for my new job. I started to do a little swimming and picked up spinning again. The time away during the summer did me no justice!


September: Broke my 5K PR at the UND Homecoming Race in September. Plain and simple, it was a good month!


October: Attempted to do an Octapolluza, but struggled with the last week. Being away for a weekend and getting caught up in work will do that to ya! Halloween was fun, though.


November: Too much work and paperwork. Time flew by. Did the 5K Turkey Trot.... and thought it was going to be my last race of 2007.


December: Completed a self-driven indoor mini-tri sort of thing. Boy, did that wear me out! Gained another year in age. Big 27. I think I handled it pretty well! I also was able to squeeze in my last race of the year (yesterday)... the 5K ZooYear's Eve Race.

2007 in Numbers:
Running
- 366.14 miles
Cycling - 665.85 miles
Swimming - 6950 Meters


I was a little upset to find that I only completed 3 races this year. 3 5K races. Geez. 2008 will be different. That is fo sure!


Next post, Goals for 2008.

18 comments:

Jess said...

You had a busy year, personally and professionally, so 3 races was probably all you could fit in. I'm looking forward to what you have in store in 2008!

Unknown said...

Nice year! I like how you broke it down by month.

Best wishes for a FANTASTIC year in 2008

Blaine and Steph said...

Wow, summarizing an entire year, really makes a person realize how much has occurred and how fast a year really does go by! (PS I believe that's 5 more races than I did - whoops : ) I need you to move to the cities now so I can have a running buddy... Good job though - you did ALOT this year!!!

Danielle said...

Wow, that is a lot for the year, even if it wasn't a lot of races. I think I only did 3 races myself...a 5K, 1 mile and a 25K that I didn't even really race...I bagged a lot of things too.

Nancy said...

You'v accomplished a lot and have a lot to be thankful for and proud of!!

Here's to even better things in 08!! :D

RunnerGirl said...

I think I'm going to follow your example and keep track of how many miles I run this year. When you look at the totals like that, it seems amazing!

IronGambit said...

Nice job! Considering everything else "3" races is still a pretty good year.
It looks like this year will be a lot more interesting!! GOOD LUCK!

Badgergirl said...

What a busy year 2007 was! Can't wait to hear about your adventures in 2008.

Neese said...

well you may win the prize for latest 5k of 2007 lol :) You did awesome this year in all aspects of your life!

Mendy said...

You did better than me in the race dept. I did 2, so you did great and considering all you had going on with moving, etc., I can understand.

Just got caught up on your blog. We've had projects going on around the house and I'm finally reading everyone's blog. Looked like a lovely Christmas with your family.

Enjoy bringing in the new year!!!

J~Mom said...

Congrats on a great year!! Finishing school and getting a job were huge this year!!

miss petite america said...

what a year!!

Marcy said...

Great year chica!! ;D ;D Here's to an awesome 2008!

L*I*S*A said...

Your year was busy, busy, but you accomplished a lot of great things. I'm sure you'll keep it rollin' in '08.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year. It looks like 2007 was great for you.

Wes said...

It was awesome to follow your wonderful achievements in 2007. Here's to a fantastic 08 :-) Remember, Ultra in 09 ;-)

jahowie said...

You had a very nice year. Keep up the good work this year and I'm sure that you will reach all of your goals. :-)

Molly said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Take Care