Wednesday, January 23, 2008

poop, basketball, and early morning run

I am sorry, it has been a few days. It's been a busy week. Let's recap the week so far...


Monday: I was hoping to do a good three miles on the thrillmill prior to my short swim, so I could take Tuesday off to take in a double header basketball game. Well .. the three miles didn't happen. I guess everyone is still sticking with their new years resolutions. The gym was packed! I was only able to find a 15 minute slot ... and I didn't even get the full 15 minutes! Better than none, I guess. After my short run, I headed for the pool for a scheduled 600M. I was more than half way through with my swim when I noticed a long brown thingy in the bottom of the deep end. Ew. Use your imagination! I pointed it out to my friend. We decided we were done swimming in what could have been poop-infested water. The lifeguard was informed, and the band-aid was fished out.... still. gross. yuck.

Tuesday: REST DAY ... nothing but watching some high school basketball.

Let's take a moment of silence for the loss of a great actor... one of my favorites, Heath Ledger.

Wednesday: I was up early and at the gym at 5am. I really do like this better than in the evening. It just feels so much better. I was hoping to go to the pool tonight but that has been scratched. I ended up taking the afternoon off, taking a half of a sick day. I went home and slept like a rock for 3 hours and then went to my doctor appointment. My ears/sinuses have been bothering me for the past week on and off and I guess I have some sort of viral type thing. I was given a prescription, but advised to maybe wait it out a day or two just to see if it will leave on it's own. The doctor noticed that I take care of myself and am in pretty good shape. He asked if I ever get any symptoms of asthma when I run... which I ocassionally do, especially in the cold weather.

Tomorrow, if I am feeling better, I will try to run. If not, I will do it Friday morning!

Monday ORN: 1.15 miles
Monday OSN: 700M


Wednesday ORN: 3.25 miles
38:14 minutes
11:45 min/mile

17 comments:

IronGambit said...

I was shocked he died!

Unknown said...

i do better in the AM also.

akshaye said...

Yea that was a crazy story. They still didn't figure out what happened.

poop in the pool.. yuck!

SavvyFitChica said...

I hope you're feeling better... my sinuses are really bothering me tonight for some reason.

I was shocked about Heath Ledger. Big bummer. It will be weird when the Batman movie comes out.

Kelsalynn

Marcy said...

I feel awful for Heath's daughter. She's only 2 :-( So sad.

Poop?!?! EEEWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'd have to give myself a bleach bath after that LOL

Holly said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Iron Jayhawk said...

sigh.

I heart heath.

In other news...you know your tar heels lost. Right? Apparently the cute lil' Terrapin was indeed something to fear. They lost. At home. Over the weekend. Memphis is the new numero uno. The heels dropped to 4th or 5th I believe. I'd apologize, but I really can't stand Roy Williams, so I'll wink ;)

Nat said...

I wish I could do it in the AM. I have a hard time sleeping so I'm usually at work by 6:15. Ugghh. Hope you feel better soon.

Wes said...

I like that new blog header! Congrats on a good and busy week!! Stay WARM :-)

Jess said...

Is it possible that the time in the pool has contributed to a bacterial infection, clogging the sinuses? I know that's pretty common.

Molly said...

was it poop or a band-aid? I am confused (not uncommon).
I am sad about Heath. 10 Things I Hate About You is one of thise movies that I will stop and watch whenever it comes on. It is really weird to be so sad about someone I did not know!
Feel better (I got it too) and keep up the great work!
Take Care

Nancy said...

Hope you are feeling better. Prescriptions don't work for viral thingys. Maybe he's asking you to wait and see if it's bacterial? Anyway, feel better!!

jahowie said...

I was very shocked. I liked his movies too.

I hope that you are feeling up for your run tomorrow. I had a lousy one last night. The duathlon that I am thinking about is near Detroit Metro Airport in a place called New Boston.

Jess said...

In the summer I'm all about the morning. There's something about waking up in the dark and going to the gym that I'm just not as good at. I'm going to have to try Friday though because it's the only time I can go...

hope you're feeling better!

Sara said...

I was shocked but not surprised there have been a lot of blind items about him the past few years re: drug problems. But still I LOVED Heath. So sad.

We had poop in the pool once, well I say we but I was in the hospital with my concussion but my friend had to experience it. And on a night where she swallowed a bunch of water. Poor girl.

J~Mom said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Ok, I am gagging at the poop in the pool..can you imagine how nasty that would be?

I keep thinking of you when I do my homework. So far we are learning all of the regulations and acts...IDEA...504...ADA....etc..etc.

Danielle said...

It is tough to get up in the AM, but somehow I've managed all week...and only hit snooze 3 times (that's amazing for me, I usually say, oh, I'll skip this today and just sleep a little longer)...