Thursday, January 17, 2008

Snow + Wind = Winter Weather Advisory

I seem to be in a blur today, running in 10 different directions. It's that time of year again ... grades will be due soon (which I have about 15 students), but that also means progress reports are due ... and that includes written reports.

I left work today as soon as I could, ran over to the gym and actually got 33 minutes on the thrillmill. It wasn't my scheduled 45, but it was better than nothing. I finished my run listening to this.....




It was nice to be able to squeeze that workout in prior to having dinner and a couple beverages with my Dad, whom is in town for the night!

The weather is getting uglier here... it snowed earlier this evening, that white fluffy snow that looks fake. Now the wind is picking up and causing nasty road conditions. I hope they get better before tomorrow as my Dad is traveling west to get home and I plan to travel east ... to the cities to see my sistah!

ORN: 2.83 miles
33:02 minutes
11:40 min/mile

14 comments:

akshaye said...

did you know he is from atlanta? (not anymore). I have a bumper sticker with the cheaper than therapy quote thats on your shirt!

Btw.. I ran the pick for book club and left a comment.

Wes said...

Can you qualify uglier for us? I mean. I mean, is it like an eye drop of water in a tea cup uglier or an eye drop of water in an ocean :-) Hee, hee :-)

Very cool run! Hope you had a good time visiting dad!

Ms Eva said...

I love your new banner! :)

Jess said...

Maybe you got a snow day today?

J~Mom said...

I totally forgot to tell you that I am taking a special ed class right now. I couldn't get into the ESL class I wanted so decided on special ed. I hope you can help me if I need it. ;>)

Great job on the treadmill!

Marcy said...

"Couple beverages with my Dad" and what kind of bevs are those? :P

Jess said...

Love love love the new banner at the top!

Scott McMurtrey said...

i don't like driving on snowy icy windy wet roads. it's a dangerous time of year to be a pedestrian around here.

IronGambit said...

I was looking at your schedule, and I'll be seeing you at the Virgina Beach half also :)
Maybe we can hang out VIP for the concert ;)

L*I*S*A said...

I hear ya on the cold. It's 3 degrees here in MI this morning! BRRRR!!

Steve Stenzel said...

I just registered for the Indoor Tri in Chanhassen that you expressed an interest in. Here's the site:

http://www.lifetimefitness.com/events/indoor-tri/index.cfm

It's a 10 minute lap swim, 10 minute T1, 30 minute spinning ride, 5 minute T2, and a 20 minute treadmill run. DO IT!! DO IT!!

Steve Stenzel said...

p.s. It's 02/24/2008.

DO IT!

Unknown said...

Way to get on the treadmill. That's always a challenge in and of itself. Thanks for reminding me about progress reports. I need to do that for 27+ students as well.

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, I hate winter weather. It's pretty and all, but I really hate it.