Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Time Trial and Goodies

When I was planning out my next swim workout in the pool, I wanted to encorporate a 10-minute time trial. I feel stronger and faster in the pool and wanted to see if there has been much improvement. In the process, I found a post from last February where I had done one, and the overall swim was 1600M. I thought if I did the same thing, it would be fun to compare numbers.

Here's what today's results were in comparison to a year ago:

10-minute time trial:
Today...........................................Last Year
525M (1:45/100M) ..............................400M (2:30/100M)

Overall workout - 1600M:
Today...........................................Last Year
35:07 (2:11/100M) ..............................42:00 (2:37/100M)

And, to top things off, I KNOW I could have pushed myself harder! I left the pool feeling good, but not tired. Hmm.




When I got home from work today I found my two packages propped up beside my front door. That irritates me when the postal service will do that, but at the same time, I didn't want to pick it up, either.

Look at what I got!! I can't wait to try the yoga video and start reading my book! I am really hoping that encorporating both into my routine will help with my knees and my overall strength, core conditioning, endurance, and flexibility!


Today's Workout:
Swim - 1600M, 35:07 , 2:11/100M

Today's Song:
Beyonce - Halo (love this song.... the music and wait for the piano solo!)

19 comments:

Wes said...

You are making great strides! Look out tri season :-)

Unknown said...

Excellent swim progress.

And yay for your goodies in the mail!!

I Run for Fun said...

Wow! What progress! Enjoy the video and book.

RunToTheFinish said...

way to go on the progress! certainly makes all the time and effort feel very rewarding

Rachel said...

Wow! That's a HUGE improvement!!!

Unknown said...

Way to go with the swim workouts! :) I bought my hubby tri power for Christmas and I flipped through it, although I've yet to really dive in. Let me know how the video is!

Steve Stenzel said...

That's a GREAT change over the course of a year!!! YOU SHOULD BE PUMPED!! Congrats!

Marlene said...

Congratulations on your progress in the pool - that's awesome!

Marcy said...

Look at you getting all speedy!! CONGRATS chica! You're doing awesome!

Shannon said...

I love mail goodies, I got one this week too. I'll post it in my Top 5. :)

Kelly said...

Nice job on the time trial. How do you like the dvd and the book?

Laurel said...

Nice swim! Glad you're feeling better. Enjoy your new books/videos.

IronGambit said...

nice job on pushing yourself, I like that :)

Jess said...

That's an awesome swimming improvement! Way to go chica!

Carolina John said...

sweet results! great job on the time trial. that's an amazing improvement year over year.

Aron said...

awesome job on the TT!!!! WOOO you are rockin :)

Unknown said...

nice improvement. That is always a huge confidence booster.

Danielle said...

Great job on the time trial.

Stef0115 said...

Wow that is an awesome improvement! WOOT!! Very proud of you!