Friday, February 13, 2009

To My Valentines

Sending out my love to my favorite Valentines...

  • Mom - Daily I am reminded of you through things I do and say, whether I left the burner on, scratched my head in frustration or deep thought, burned my arm on my curling iron, or laughed so hard I cried. You have taught me to be strong, patient, caring, and a walking "voice of reason".

  • Dad - You have pushed me to push myself, whether it be through running, life, or my career. You are a constant model of "hard work pays off". I think we can both be considered "work-aholics", in a good way. We also connect through a love of sports, and thanks to you, at times I may intimidate the opposite sex with my knowledge of basketball and baseball.

  • Susan - Whether your realize it or not, you have taught me a lot in the 22 years of your life. You are a constant reminder to me of how life should be full of of fun, silliness, and happy times. You're witty, and I love how you can find laughter in almost every situation.

  • Steph - Despite the few years of hair pulling and scars left behind when we were youngins', I believe we are closer now than we have ever been. You are driven, passionate, and a rock. You have no idea how much I have learned from you and your strength. And...I miss my second closet.

  • Blaine - Through marriage, you have been a part of our family for over a year now, but it feels like longer. Your sense of humor cracks me up (even though sometimes Steph tells me to not encourage you). You bend over backwards for anyone and everyone, and seem to know how to fix anything and everything. For real. You make my sister happy. You... are my number one soldier.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day!

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post! I hope I have time to tri something like it; if you don't mind the copying!

Jess said...

Very nice! Happy V-Day to you!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet post. Hope you have a great V-Day too.

Unknown said...

Oh you are so sweet! What an awesomely close family you hve. :-)

RunToTheFinish said...

awee that was great!

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point said...

I LOVE YOUR VALENTINE'S! i think i'm going to copy your post. :)

Unknown said...

Great idea. I'm sue everyone in the family will enjoy it.

Lily on the Road said...

That post is lovely...

Happy V-Day to you too!

Wes said...

{sniff} You need to adopt me.

Blaine and Steph said...

Wow, Stace, that was an amazing post! Dang you're making me cry at work again. I gotta get off this crying thing - where did that come from? ha. Love you and happy valentines day!

Aron said...

ohhh great post!!!! happy valentines day :)

Marcy said...

*sniff* *sniff* OMG I want to eat your fam up. They are SO the cutest! I hope you have a great V-Day chica!

Carly said...

Great Post. You are very sweet. Happy Valentine's day!

Anonymous said...

Great post!

Unknown said...

Happy V-Day! I love your post that is so thoughtful.

Frayed Laces said...

Aww how sweet!

Kevin said...

Happy Valentines day!!

Liz said...

You are such a sweet daughter, sister, sister in law and friend...

Happy Valentine's Day!

Alexandra said...

I hope you liked the virtual valentine I sent!

Andra

Shannon said...

Your sweet! Happy Valentines Day.

Unknown said...

What a great post! These people are lucky to have YOU in their life too! :)

Happy Valentine's Day!

Marlene said...

Hey! Just wanted to say thank you for stopping by my blog. I didn't receive a valentine yet, but no worries. :)

Happy Valentine's Day to you! Love your banner, btw.

Anonymous said...

What a nice "tribute" to those you love! :)

Holly said...

What an awesome post! This was such a neat idea!

J~Mom said...

Great post!!! I fought a lot with my sister when we were younger too. It's great to be grown up friends, isn't it?