Monday, February 2, 2009

A little bit of this .... and a little bit of that....

....Last week I received a wonderful gift in the mail from my aunt. Supposedly she just found out about my purchase of a home. I don't know how she missed the news, but the gift was very thoughtful! She is totally catering to my addiction. Thank you thank you thank you!

.....Friday I woke with a cold. Remember when I thought I was getting sick a couple weeks ago and I drowned myself in Airborne? That seemed to work then, but this cold came out of no where, and with a bang. It couldn't have come at a worse time, not that there is ever a good time to get sick, but I had busy plans for the weekend.

....my parents, younger sister, and I took a quick trip to the twin cities this weekend for my brother-in-law's going away party. It was bittersweet. He will be leaving in less than 2 weeks for his 2nd tour of active duty. We cannot dwell on the fact that his time in the military was to be up in a matter of days, but support him in every way possible for the next year. We will miss him so so much and will be counting down the days for his return home. Fortunately, my sister has a wonderful support system and plans to keep herself very busy and active while his is away.

....Today was the first day I worked out in 4 days! It was driving me crazy. I went out for a short run to test out my new kicks. It's amazing how wonderful new shoes feel. Aftwards I hopped in the bike for a little while. It felt pretty good.
Today's Workout:
Run 2.5 miles, 31:00, 12:24/mile avg.
Bike 7.11 miles, 20:00, 21.33mph
Today's Song:
Rihanna - S.O.S. (in sidebar)

25 comments:

Shannon said...

I love new kicks too....now get some rest!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

yay for new shoes :) feel better soon!

akshaye said...

Nice job breaking in those shoes. Good luck to your brother-in-law, I hope his tour is short and he gets back home soon.

Anonymous said...

That Rihanna song is catchy. I'll have to add it to my iPod!

Badgergirl said...

Good luck to your brother-in-law. And feel better soon!

Unknown said...

Yay for new shoes.

Sounds like a supportive send-off for brother-in-law. Thank him for us for his service. :-)

Laurel said...

Good luck to your brother-in-law. My brother and sister-in-law both have gone to Iraq and it is never easy. Here's hoping he gets back safely and soon.

Brianna said...

I've been enjoying some new shoes, too. They're inspiring!

Hope your cold goes away soon. We've had a nagging one at our house for far too long, so I know how anxious you are to be rid of it!

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon. I will say a little prayer for your brother in law. Good job on the run.

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better. Please thank you brother in law for me for all he does for this country.

jahowie said...

Get well soon so that you can enjoy those new shoes!!

Ms Eva said...

New kicks and a little care package! Sweet!

Our thoughts and prayers are with your BIL.

Jess said...

Who doesn't love new shoes? Thoughts and prayers with your brother in law

BeachRunner said...

Way to go with the new kicks!!

audgepodge said...

Good luck to your brother-in-law, I hope he comes home safe and sound.

Runner Leana said...

I hope your brother-in-law makes it home soon, safe and sound. All the best to your family, and I hope you feel better soon!

N.D. said...

I love the motivation I get with new shoes! I feel like I do that like every 3 months! Hope you are feeling better! That coffee looks like fun!

Carly said...

New shoes are the greatest! I love them because I feel like I am running on air.

I hope you are feeling better and I pray that your BIL stays safe during his tour of duty.

I Run for Fun said...

Good luck to your bro'in law...

Hope you feel better. Great job on the workout despite your cold.

SavvyFitChica said...

I will be thinking of your sister and family while your bro-in-law is serving for us.

Oh man, I can't WAIT to get my new shoes. Just trying on new shoes at the store made me HATE my current shoes- they have no cushion compared to when I first bought them. It's amazing now that I know what will be coming in the mail any day, I can't stand what I have!

I hope you feel better soon. Gets lots of rest and just take it easy.

Anonymous said...

Presents are always great.
Best wishes to your sister and your family. I hope your bro-in-law stays safe,.

The Stretch Doc said...

hope your feeling better..

rockon`

J~Mom said...

That was a nice gift!!! Keep us posted on your bil! Maybe we should send a blogger care package!

Unknown said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. Best of luck to your brother-in-law. And thank him for doing what he's doing for our country! :)

Holly said...

My thoughts and prayers will be with Blaine and Steph.