Sunday, February 24, 2008

10 minutes - Second Time

For some reason, I had a 1600M swim on my schedule for today. After my long run yesterday, I knew it would be good to get into the pool today, but until today, I have not gone that far in the pool. I think it completely wiped me out.

The first thing on my plan for today was to do a 10 minute time trial. I wanted to see if any progress has been made since last time. But, when I got started it seemed as if it took forever for me to get a good rhythm down. The results?

OSN: 1600M
42:00
10 minute time trial = 400M (350M on January 28)

Some progress. I will take that.

A few minutes after my 10 minute test, I began to get into my grove, both in technique and breathing. It felt good. But, I was exhausted after my swim. There was no time to relax. I headed north to GF with a good friend. We met up with a few others for lunch and went to the Sioux hockey game. The game was slow, but they one and that is all that matters!

Have a great week, y'all!

Peace

15 comments:

Lisa - Slow & Steady said...

making steady progress in the pool!

Makita said...

I love swimming the day after my long run! Super Recovery!

jahowie said...

Very cool that you are making progress!! I have yet to take the plunge into the swimming thing. Get it? Plunge? LOL!! Yes, I'm a dork. ;-) Anyway, I had better do it soon if I plan on attempting a tri this year. Nice job!!

Wes said...

Swimming is an awesome way to recover from a long run! Very.cool :-)

Jess said...

You are definitely making progress! Awesome job!

Non-Runner Nancy said...

That is definitely some nice improvement. Great workout after the run.

scott keeps running said...

progress is nice. so is non-frozen water. and so is ice-cream.

RunnerGirl said...

Great workout, sounds like you're improving!

Nat said...

You are more than ready for your first tri! You will do great!

J~Mom said...

Look at that improvement!! Way to go!

Danielle said...

Good job on the swim. I so need to get back into the pool.

Firefly's Running said...

Nice job!!

Firefly's Running said...

Nice job!!

Firefly's Running said...

Nice job!!

Jess said...

Progress is always a good thing.