Saturday, February 28, 2009

Looking Back at February

Here is February's Totals:
  • Swim - 7,250M.....................14,000M in January
  • Bike - 35.94 miles.............60.42 miles in January
  • Run - 21.10 miles..............37.39 miles in January

It doesn't take a genious to realize that my totals this month were considerably lower than last month. Oy oy oy. Not that I am going to make any excuses, but I do like to take a look back and notice everything that was going on around me that affected my workouts:

  • 11 days of NO physical activity what-so ever
  • 1 week of a nasty cold
  • 4 days with flu-like syptoms that knocked me off my feet
  • 1 knee injury that cut back my running (started February 4th)
  • 4 swims
  • 3 bikes
  • 10 runs ... averaging less than 2 miles each
  • 2 days of yoga only
  • 1 - first PT session
  • 5 days of PT exercises

Crazy, ugly month. I look forward to March being a helluva lot better! In fact, I am going to try and get more aquainted with my Tri Power book and see if it is something I am ready to start in March! I am kind of excited!

19 comments:

Carly said...

The totals might be lower than last month, but with everything you had going on it looked like a pretty darn good month.

Bring on March!

RunToTheFinish said...

I am hoping that february was my lion so march will be like a lamb, nice and easy!

Michelle said...

TW keep doing what your doing and you will heal up and be good as new!!!!

I know this to be true!!! No pain is a very good sign!!! Just know your body!!!

I wish you a great March!!!!

Kelly said...

Here's to a good March!

SavvyFitChica said...

Honestly, February totals should be less b/c it's a smaller month anyway. You have two days less to workout than in January.

Plus, you were sick and the best thing for you at that time is to rest. Don't beat yourself up.

I hope you're feeling better and I'm glad to see you're getting things figured out with your legs!! STRENGTHEN THOSE PUPPIES!!! =)

Mel-2nd Chances said...

considering what you've gone through in feb, i think you've had a great month, and hope that March will be awesome! Keep it up!

Unknown said...

you should add a total for yoga sessions and gym work/pt work. then you'll see that your month wasn't so bad!

I Run for Fun said...

Wow! Your totals rock for all the craziness going on. Hope you have a great March!

Anonymous said...

You had a rough Feb. March has got to be better! :)

Marcy said...

Those are great considering all that stuff you had going on ;-)

Anonymous said...

My Feb was worse than that, but don't forget it is the shortest month!

ChillyJ said...

You still did a great job with all things considered! See ya at the pool...to start March off right!

M*J*C said...

Yay for March being here!!! Even though your totals were "lower" in February it looks like you did awesome considering everything that was going on! Good job getting all your PT stuff in too!

Shannon said...

Don't get down with totals, be encouraged by it and it will help you spring forward in March.

Carolina John said...

hey we all have recovery months every once in a while. you got plenty of rest in. now that march is here, we've all got spring to look forward to.

Liz said...

I agree...here's to March! Get your knew better!

IronGambit said...

Feb is a hard month for a lot of people to work extra!

Anonymous said...

Can you come help me organize?

Unknown said...

March will treat you much better for sure! :)