Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Strength is returning

This might be starting to look up. Well, at least I don't have a cold, the flu (or whatever it was) has left my body after 4 days, and I actually had enough energy to get to the gym today.

All I wanted to do at the gym was get in a good strength session, do some abs, and test out the knee on the bike. Ever since my knee started bothering me almost two weeks ago, I haven't been on the bike. On the bright side, I was able to ride with no pain. It was a good feeling.

I also cornered our school PT today and asked her what she would recommend as far as PT vs. orthopedic. I told her my situation with struggling to get into an orthopedic in a timely manner. In all, she recommended a couple really good PT's that she worked with at the clinic.... and I was able to get in with one next tuesday morning! Now I just need to figure out how to find someone to work with my students so I don't have to worry about a sub for a couple hours.

In the meantime, I will stick with swimming, biking, and strengthening. Soon I will be getting my Strong Knees Yoga video and Tri Power book!

Today's Workout:
Bike 10.8 miles, 30:00, 21.59mph
-strengthening/abs

Today's Song:
Something Corporate - Hurricane (in sidebar)

17 comments:

Marlene said...

Glad to hear you were able to make an appointment for next week, and good idea sticking with the cross training in the mean time.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

glad you got a quicker appointment and no pain with riding! :D good luck!

Jess said...

No pain with riding is definitely good news!!!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you can get in with a PT! That's awesome.

I remember now that the recumbant bike was good for me when my knee was wonky.

SavvyFitChica said...

I'm glad to hear you're recovering from your icky cold or whatever it was. Good move on calling the PT and getting in. It can only help right? Keep us posted on what the doc says next week.

Unknown said...

That's great that you got in so soon. hope that you are able to get it figured out soon now.

IronGambit said...

I would put more miles on the bike.

Brianna said...

Sorry to hear you were so sick, too. Glad you were able to get an appt with a PT - best wishes!!

Aron said...

good luck with the dr next week! glad you were able to get some advice and an appt!

Anonymous said...

Good idea to speak with the school PT. You are doing great with the cross training.

Sherry said...

Winter viruses stink! I've had a nagging cold for 3 weeks now. THREE weeks! Ugh! I'm so glad that you are starting to feel better.

Good luck with that knee of yours. It may have just needed the rest that you already gave it. We really tend to abuse our bodies. Start back slooooowly.

Lora Abernathy said...

Hey, I just came across your blog. I do triathlons, too, and love reading other tri blogs.

Looking forward to reading about your journey!

Jess said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better and you were able to make a PT appointment!

Wes said...

That yoga knee thingee sounds promising, and I heart me some yoga! Good luck with it, and I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Nat said...

I am very far behind on my blog reading and I apologize.

Sounds like you're over your flu. I'm very curious about the strong knees yoga thing... god I need to get my ass in gear.

P.O.M. said...

Glad you're starting to feel better. Hopefully the PT can work wonders!

Carolina John said...

I'm starting tri power in 2 days and i can't wait!