Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Trash or Treasures?

Another morning was spent at the school cleaning. When I left yesterday I was left feeling a bit overwhelmed. Today, I was able to get through another filing cabinet, and most of a large standing cubbard.

It's amazing some of the things I am finding. You would have thought this teacher had never gone through some of this stuff in years. I was able to find some games from 1980, which isn't terribly old, but when you think about all the "cool" learning games there are out there today, those just weren't worth saving.

I also found some 45's... with some tunes to aid in learning the multiplication facts. I am very curious as to what the songs were like, but unfortunately I was not able to find a record player .... yet. I just may come across one before I am finished.

-----
Today was an easy swim. I am not too sore from lifting yesterday, but I could tell that it has been a while since I have last lifted. I didn't realize how heavy my arms were until I was in the pool... thus the reason for a short and easy swim.

OSN: 1000M, 10x100M with 1 minute RI, approx. 30 minutes.
W4D2 pushups: 78, with the 5th rep maxing out at 22!

Today's Song: O.A.R. (Of a Revolution) - Love and Memories --------->

26 comments:

E said...

I guess the 45s would be a treasure, if you had a record player. :)

Scott McMurtrey said...

you're a push-up machine. :)

Jess said...

78 pushups!!! wow! that's awesome!

Good luck with the rest of that cleaning. It sounds like you are definitely making progress.

Jess said...

You shouldn't throw that stuff. I bet you could sell some of it on eBay.

Wes said...

45s are definitely a treasure! Woot!! Probably pretty scratched by then though....

J~Mom said...

It's amazing how much teaching supplies have changed since the 80s. Hopefully you are able to find a few treasures to keep though!

Unknown said...

My wife is going through the same thing this week. In fact, she has gone through it every year for the last 10.

Ms. V. said...

SHUT UP! 1980 wasn't a long time ago!
.
.
.
.
.
(I graduated from Fresno State that year)....


I am a terrible packrat. I pity my children who have to dig through my chit when I die.

Send those books to me! :)(Loving your sidebar, btw)

Unknown said...

Strange what you noted on my blog sidebar. I see all of them when I open it.

RunnerGirl said...

Very impressed with the push up total, you're doing awesome!

As for the classroom stuff, I feel your pain. Hang in there!

Marcy said...

Wow, 1980. I was 1 and you my dear, were not even born yet :P

78 push ups?!?! You're on my poop list ;-)

Kevin said...

Wow 1980. I was like 3. Great job on the pushups

Badgergirl said...

Love the song :)

Holly said...

Wow, that teacher was quite the packrat!

Molly said...

OMG...arms of steel!
Take Care

Mendy said...

Wow! 45's. Crazy.

GREAT job on those push-ups!!!

IronGambit said...

crazy stuff huh?

Liz said...

I hope you find that record player! That would make for some fun party songs! :)

Well...for the people who were born before 1980! :)

Good job on the lifting and swimming!!!

L*I*S*A said...

Someday I hope that 1000M swim is an 'easy day' for me. :)

As Jess said, I'll bet you could sell some stuff on Ebay.

Anonymous said...

78 pushups very impressive, 22 reps, crazy!

Gotta love the 45's. I agree with Jess, bet you could sell this stuff on ebay if you don't want them.

MNFirefly said...

Nice job!

Stef0115 said...

Wow you are really coming along with those pushups. NICE!

1980 does seem quite long ago -- I was in junior high at the time. I'm sure it's not called junior high anymore . . . .

Sherry said...

My mother was a 5th grade teacher for a gazillion years before her retirement and I used to LOVE going back to school with her during the summer months to prep for the start of the new year. There's something to be said about all of the 'treasures' that you find and even about how the empty school somehow 'smells' different (I know, sensory overload). I used to love placing the textbooks on each desk for her and hanging up all of her laminated bulletin board applications with fun-tack! LOL! Oh... seeet memories!

Swims-- sometime that just need to be cut short; whether due to heavy arms or a poop-tastic floater (like my last swim)! LOL!

Unknown said...

It seems that there are a lot of packrat teachers out there... at least you get to find some interesting things cleaning!

WTG with the pushups... I'm envious!

Unknown said...

45s...haven't seen any of those for a loooooong time

Anonymous said...

I just had to post even though its a few days late... I had a hard weights training session with my trainer on Friday, then tried to get in the water for an easy swim.... yup, the arms felt like lead! And since I swim with my arms more than my kick, this was a problem ;-) Those weights sessions take more out of a person than one would think!