Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Still Undecided

On my sidebar is this weeks "training" plan. Now, keep in mind I am attempting to train for the Lifenet Triathlon, although I haven't fully decided whether or not I am going to do it. I am leaner closer to the side of NOT participating. Thus, for the following reasons:
  • They have upped the price this year
  • The registration cite is still unavailable
  • The training has been inconsistent...
    • I have been gone for the past 3 weekends, and
    • will be gone for 4 out of the next 6 weekends before the tri
  • And it just been crazy busy with finding a house to purchase, finishing up summer school, moving into my new classroom for next year, and the meetings/training for this coming fall have just begun.
This week hasn't helped matters either. Sunday night I had my gym bag packed prior to heading to bed. On Monday after teaching the little kiddos, I was planning on hitting the pool for a short but quick swim. Then I was going to get on the bike and take advantage of the nice weather. Well, I had forgotten that I had a meeting scheduled with my principal to go over some things for the fall, and that didn't get finished before the lap swim hours were up. Damnit.

Then, I just decided to go for a run.

One would have thought I hadn't run in months. My legs were sore this morning. I packed my bag before work this morning with the idea of swimming today. I drove all the way downtown during noon rush hour, and realized I forgot to grab my bag as I left my apartment this morning. Damnit.

I didn't want to ride bike because I have softball tournaments tonight and like I already stated, my quads are a bit sore. I need them in good shape for sprinting the bases. Damnit.

I opted for a nice 3 mile walk.

This, my people, is why I try to make up a schedule, keeping in mind my work schedule, the weather, softball, being out of town, meetings, etc. And when two not-so-great days happen in a row, I can only imagine what the rest of the week will be like.

Blech.

I hope to be back tomorrow wiht a better attitude!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

There is nothing wrong with a little 'blech' now and then.

Viv said...

Ugh, sometimes things just don;t work out the way we 'plan' them. I hope the rest of your week lightens up. Have fun at softball tonight!

Jess said...

Look at you with your new blog look! I hem and haw over mine and ask tons of questions in order for it to look exactly the same, and you're over here with "bam!" something totally different!

Anonymous said...

I hate it when things go like that! At least you tried. Good luck with your schedule.

Wes said...

You, over all, have a great 'tude :-) Triathlon is a way of life. It will be waiting for you when you are ready!!

J~Mom said...

Yeah, I agree with Wes. When the timing is right the right tri will be there. It's too bad the tris aren't cheaper so we can't just do them for fun. There are several smaller ones here that I want to do and they are all upwards of $70. That is just too expensive for a couple of hours of "fun". Oh well.

akshaye said...

Dont sweat.. some weeks stuff happens. Hope you find your mojo soon!

E said...

We all have weeks like that. Don't let it get you down!

Kevin said...

Wow! That is one hectic schedule. If you cant do it, dont force a race just to do it. You will know whether or not you feel up to it.

SavvyFitChica said...

Hmm... sounds like the triathlon isn't a priority for you right now and that's okay. I'm worried that IF you choose to do it, you'll injur yourself. You have a lot of other exciting things going on in your life so try to enjoy those and use the training as a stress reliever. Keep us posted!!!

Kelsalynn

Marcy said...

Don't sweat it chica!! It happesn to all of us. I think your 'tude is a lot better than mine when in "Blech" days heehe.

hepsmom said...

I hate it! Some days the stack seems stacked against you. At least you got in some walking. Hope the softball went well!

I'd say that maybe things will settle down some, but you've been going non-stop. The beginning of the school year is CrAzY. Maybe you'll get some swim/bike/run in!

Keep at it!

Unknown said...

Did you update your blog template too? Everywhere I go I see redecorated blog sites.

Distracts me from the post. Now what were you writing about again? LOL

Stef0115 said...

There will always be other races if you are not sure about this one. With the expense and the time involved, it's better to be sure.

Sorry to hear you are having an off week. I'm sure it will get better. You do have a lot going on!

Erin Leigh said...

That is so me just forgetting the entire bag. Sucks when stuff like that happens.

Liz said...

Go with your gut! It is always right! :)

You have a lot on your plate right now!

Take a breath...tomorrow is a new day!

Anonymous said...

I workout plan is jsut a guide. Sometimes you have to adjust based on what is happening in your life. Hang in there, you are doing the best you can.