Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Yet Another Meme

The Streaking ended after 42 days. I took my first rest day in almost a month and a half on Sunday..... probably mostly due to feeling like crap after this. I am fine with being done with streaking... time to really focus on something else.

Yesterday I planned for a nice swim/bike brick as the weather was going to be pleasant. My swim was short and sweet. I was consistent with my breathing and strokes. Once finished I hurried home, changed into my cycling clothes, applied "sweatproof" sunscreen and got on the road before it was too hot. When I left my apartment it was 85 with UV Rays at a level 8 (high) and winds around 14 mph. There was 12mph winds when I rode last with the group so I figured I could handle this. I was only out for a little less than an hour and by the time I was home it was 89 degrees with SSW winds at 25 mph! I was dying but, I figured it would only make me stronger on the bike.

______________________

This meme couldn't come at a better time... I am still struggling with post topics. I think I was tagged by Brooke.

What were you doing 10 years ago?
Ten years ago I was getting ready for my Senior year of high school. If I remember correctly I would already have had my senior pictures taken! I was working part time and enjoying my summer... looking forward to graduating in less than a year and getting the heck out of the Biz...

Five snacks I would enjoy in a perfect, non weight-gaining world:
1. French Fries
2. any form of chips, with a side of salsa or cheese dip
3. movie popcorn
4. any form of chocolate
5. chocolate cake

Five snacks I do enjoy in the real world:
1. strawberries, grapes, bananas
2. cheese and crackers
3. cereal (Cinnamon Pecan Special K)
4. fruit smoothies
5. oatmeal ... I know weird, but sometimes I crave it now.

Five things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Travel the world.
2. Buy a home with cash.
3. Repay my parents for all they have done for me!
4. Do a race (run or triathlon) in every state.
5. Put money into different organizations ... St. Judes, Cystic Fibrosis

Five jobs I've had:
1. Assistant to a Marketing Director at a Music Store
2. "Ticket Nazi"... data entry/filing for the Parking Ticket Office on the campus of UND
3. Hostess at Applebee's... my least favorite job evah!
4. Server at Bucks Bar and Grill
5. Sales Associate/Assistant "manager" at Bath and Body Works for 5 years

Five habits
1. Addicted to Blogging
2. having a fresh glass of water at my bedside... every night.
3. play with my hair when nervous or anxious
4. I sleep on one side of the bed.
5. I have a hard time leaving dirty dishes in the sink, I usually wash them as soon as they have been used.

Five places I've lived:
1. Bismarck, ND
2. Grand Forks, ND
3. Fargo, ND
4. ...
5. .... wow. that's rediculous. Does it count that I lived in like 5 different apartment buildings in GF?

People I'd like to learn more about
1. you
2. you
3. you
4. you
5. and... you!

______________________________________________________________________
MONDAY:
BRICK

OSN: 1000M, 22:00, avg. 2:12/100M
OCN: 10.7 miles, 50:15, avg 12.7mph
______________________________________________________________________

14 comments:

Kevin said...

Great job pushing on the bike. Definitely will make you stronger.

jahowie said...

I'm with you on the movie popcorn thing. I love it!!

Nice job pushing it through that wind. :-)

jahowie said...

I'm with you on the movie popcorn thing. I love it!!

Nice job pushing it through that wind. :-)

Stef0115 said...

Definitely you will get stronger on the bike riding in wind, heat and other stuff.

Sounds like you had a good swim too! Glad your feeling better from the party.

akshaye said...

Whoa.. nice ride in the heat and the wind.

Anonymous said...

I hop eyou enjoyed your day of rest! You certainly earned it.

I agree, I'll eat any form of chocolate. I can never refuse it.

Holly said...

Great job on the streaking! Good choices on the five non-weight-gaining snacks.

Anne said...

I kindred spirit! I too can't handle dirty dishes left in the sink. In fact, we rarely use the dishwasher for just that reason. I can't stand to have dirty ones waiting on a full load.

Unknown said...

I think we have a lot of the same habits. The dirty dishes in the sink thing is a bit different in my case, though, I hate coming home to dirty dishes in teh sink. Why can't the rest of the family learn to rinse them off and put them in the dishwashwer and/or start it?!?!?

Viv said...

Holy moly you were on 42 days of streaking!! Great job, on the swim and bike it sounds like challenging conditions out there so way to push through. OK homie glad I am not close to you cause we would be enabling each other on the snacks. We are snack soul mates. LMAO!

Molly said...

Great ride...I've got to hit the hills...only make me stronger, right?
OK scary simularities...I play with my hair...can not have dirty dishes and will only sleep on the left (facing the bed) side.
AND I am going to the store to find Cinnamon Special K, sounds great!
Take Care

Unknown said...

I just found your blog and will continue to check back - good day to find it too with you writing you "5 things" topic!

Hope you enjoyed that rest day and way to go pushing the bike. Sounds like we had the same winds!

Danielle said...

That cinnamin pecean special K is yummy! I bought it accidently, thought I was buying the chocolate (which I love too) and found it very yummy.

Maybe I'll use that one sometime.

J~Mom said...

Mmmm those 5 snacks look yummy! :>D