Monday, July 28, 2008

Wedding #1 of 3

The quick trip, but long drive to a small town in MN for a couple of friends wedding was well worth it. The bride and groom were friends from college. My sister and brother-in-law met me there, and we were pleasantly surprised to see our friend from Cedar Rapids, IA, with his girlfriend as well. There were a few others that we knew as well, and it was wonderful to catch up with them. The wedding was beautiful, the food was good, and the dancing was necessary! It was a great time.
1 wedding down... 2 more left this summer!

It was nice to sleep in a little bit this morning, as summer school is officially over. However, I went into school today to start cleaning things out. I don't know if I have stated before, but I have moved into my own classroom, one that belonged to a teacher that retired and left everything. I was there for a little over 2 hours today and got through most of 1 filing cabinet (of 4). I am glad I have 3 weeks to shovel through things, rearrange furniture, and get organized before school starts!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

OSN: 800M, approximately 20:00, 2:30/100M
200M w/u
4x100M
200M c/d
W4/D1 pushups = 69

13 comments:

Jess said...

Looks like the wedding was a blast! Have fun cleaning up and organizing your new classroom.

Danielle said...

Ah...I remember the days of being tied up with weddings...it gets to be a lot. Now I'm on round twos!! :)

Lily on the Road said...

Looks like you had a blast!!

Good for you to get "your own room" SWEET! Make it your own!

Kevin said...

Sounds like it was a great time. Have fun cleaning up your new classroom

L*I*S*A said...

Looks like a good time!

Anonymous said...

Hope the rest of the weddings are good. Good luck with class room setup.

Unknown said...

Looks like a you had fun at the wedding based on that pic.

Have fun setting up the classroom to your liking. :)

Marcy said...

Ooooohhhh girl I bet you were naughty! That pic looks like a party one if I've ever seen one ;-)

Jess said...

Glad you had fun at your wedding too this weekend! Looks like it was a blast!

Holly said...

That is such a cute picture! Good luck with the cleaning/organizing!

J~Mom said...

It seems like everyone has been having fun at weddings lately. :>)

I bet you are finding a ton of treasures in the classroom!

Amy said...

Stumbled accross your site... I am also a spec. ed teacher- Kindergarten- and have decided to do a Triathalon next August (unless I get pregnant and can't train) Any suggestions?

M*J*C said...

Ooohhhh I bet that will be fun setting up the classroom "your" way! I always love back to school time, to this day I love going to Office Depot and getting a new notebook and Sharpies!!!