Friday, July 25, 2008

On the road again...

I must say, the past three days of workouts have been quite successful compared to the first two days of this week.

Wednesday I had a super successful swim, working on some super speedy sprints. Boy, that's a lot of ssssssss.

Yesterday I went out for a late run. I had gone to lunch with some teachers to celebrate the last day of summer school, which kept me from hitting the gym right away. Then, I had to let my mini burgers from Applebee's settle in... and didn't get out until 530. Probably the hottest time of the day, and did I feel it. It was a short run, but a run none the less.

Today, I was able to sleep in a bit, but got up early enough to hit the open road before it got too hot. When I left it was about 71 degrees with a mild wind of 6mph from the NW. By the time I was finished, I was pooped. It was 82 degrees with NW winds at 15mph. I had gone out on a route that our cycle group has taken, and got about 9 miles into it and had to turn around due to construction. I was fine with it because I wanted to do at least 15 miles. But, coming back was a total bee-yach. Pardon my foul mouth. I was going north and west for about 4 or 5 miles and it was brutal. The wind picked up and there was an extra uphill climb. But, once I got as far as I could go west on that road (before hitting gravel) I turned south and was happy! The wind was mostly at my back. I had to stop and take a couple breaks and thought I would give you a sight of my ride...I topped off the ride with W3D3 pushups... totaling 80 today. I barely made it through them.

Tomorrow... a nice early morning run before I head out of town again. Yep. 4 hour drive to a small town in MN for a friend's wedding.

Have a great weekend, y'all!

Thursday: ORN 2.2 miles, 12:16/mile avg.
Friday: OCN 18.1 miles, 1:19:28, avg 13.7mph
W3D3 p/u = 80

****UPDATE*****

Today: ORN 2.5 miles,
30:00, 12:30/mile avg.
68 degrees, sunny, with 66% humidity

16 comments:

Viv said...

Great job on the wonderful strong workouts! It is so awesome when training just starts going good :-)
Have fun at the wedding with a wonderful weekend, and stay safe.

Mendy said...

Have a great weekend! Training in the heat is hard and you went out and did it. Great job!!!

Lily on the Road said...

Wow, good job on all of the workouts and yes, that was a lot of ssssss'sss LOL.

Have a super fantastic weekend!

Oh, I like Applebee's we went to one when we were in Utica....great Bloody Mary's!!!

Wes said...

Totally awesome series of workouts! Way to knock them out!!! Have a safe trip, have fun, and be safe :-)

Unknown said...

Sounds like good workouts. And you rock by doing those W3D3 pushups!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I like the 100 push-ups thing you're doing. I might have to try that out, too!

Marcy said...

You finished Week 3? Damn you!! I am soooo struggling. It just not going to get any easier is it? LOL

Brianna said...

Wow 80 pushups. Go you! Have a great week!

Unknown said...

Trains, corn and barns...it must be middle-America.

Have fun at the wedding.

Jess said...

Hope you had fun at the wedding!

Anne said...

I'm a bit jealous of your scenery -- the open road. The flat road. Sigh.

Kevin said...

Great training!! Hope you had a giid weekend

Mmem said...

WTG, WTG! Love the pix of your ride, too. When I run, I'm just lucky to finish the run and it's hard to imagine having presence of mind to actually document it with photos, so bravo!

Jess said...

Wow those are some rocking workouts! Nice job girly!

Unknown said...

Sounds like your training is going well... and that's it's tough to boot! I giggled looking at your pictures because it's pretty much what we see every time we bike or run... farms, trains, fields, etc.

ncrunner12 said...

Sounds like one hell of a workout, swimming running pushups... sounds brutal, but you did it. Hope you had a great weekend.