Sunday, July 6, 2008

Playing catch up....

I just got home from a very nice weekend with the family in the Biz. We usually have a decent amount of family from my Dad's side down for the 4th, but this year it was just a small number... somewhat quiet and relaxing.

Thursday was nothing more than a nice relaxing day. I slept in, read my book, spent some time at the Art Fair in the park with my Mom and sister, and then we finished off the day with a nice walk around the neighborhood before the sun set. Gorgeous.

Friday morning my parents and I got up for a run before it was too hot. I only wanted to do a short distance and thought we were going to just do the 2.5 mile loop around the neighborhood. So wrong. We ended up doing the out and back path from home, and I knew that once we got to the 1 mile marker it wasn't going to be just 2 or 3 miles. Dad suggested going to the 2 mile marker and Mom was all for it. I grunted under my breath and went on. I just didn't have it in me for 4 miles. Once we were back home I was glad we went the distance. Oddly enough, after that run I am craving to get back out there and do some longer distances...

Later that afternoon a handful of relatives showed up. We grilled and enjoyed the beautiful weather outside. Later that evening we put on the layers to protect from the mosquitoes and watched our neighbors put on what seemed like a 2 hour firework show. It was crazy. We had a handful of our own, but it was nothing compared to theirs!
Most of Saturday was spent working on wedding programs. We had made the programs last summer for my sister's wedding and my cousin asked me to do hers. I couldn't turn her down. She was pretty easy to work with! It just took a bit longer than I was thinking it would. We finished them up this morning with the final touches. The theme was western, and I struggled a bit with it, but my favorite part was the boot stamp I found and then the little rinestones to put on the spurs!

We grilled again on Saturday, kabobs. It was soo good. Steph and Blaine were able to join us, but were apparently worn out from the late nights and little one's at Blaine's parents house. Poor kids.





Both Saturday and today I was able to sneak in a short walk with the family. Nothing too exciting, but it worked considering this past week was a week of recovery for me. I am looking forward to getting back in the pool tomorrow and on the bike Tuesday. I need to get back out there and increase those workouts!

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July weekend!

17 comments:

Wes said...

You got to do all of those wonderful things with the fam AND do an unexpected four mile run, and loved it? You ROCK, girlfriend :-)

Erin Leigh said...

Sounds like a great and relaxing weekend! Must be nice to run with your parents and the programs are really cute!

IronGambit said...

poor girl, the text is all over her face! :)

Anonymous said...

Your weekend sounded wonderful. How nice is it that you got to run with your parents.

Marcy said...

You're fam is the CUTEST!! I love it! It makes mine look so . . .dysfunctional LMAO!

Anne said...

Sounds like the perfect holiday weekend to me. Even a marathon session making those programs. Your cousin's very lucky to have you in the family!

RunnerGirl said...

Looks like you had a great weekend :)

Kevin said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend with the folks.

Molly said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!
Take Care

Viv said...

Looks great weekend with the family. I love how the family got outthere and was active togther. So sweet!

Holly said...

Looks like you had a wonderful holiday weekend! Great work on the programs!

Unknown said...

It sure sounds like you had a wonderful weekend with the family.

akshaye said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend at home! A 2 hr fire work display.. wow!

Ms Eva said...

SWEET! What a great weekend with the family! A great run, friends/family, good weather, wonderful food - the perfect holiday! :D

Runner Leana said...

Glad to hear you had a fantastic long weekend. Good job on that run with the family! Those programs look terrific by the way!

Lily on the Road said...

Wow, nice weekend, how great is that, running with your parents!!!

Is that you snoozing on the couch, with "the ring on the finger"???

Glad you had a Wonder Long Weekend...

Lily on the Road said...

hahaha, I thought it was you and wondered why we hadn't heard "about the bling"!

Thanks for letting me know. BTW, it is a gorgeous setting!