Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Still snowing

Ahh, it is definitely winter here. I feel like a broken record and this is all I have been posting about. But, when it is beautiful ..... it is a must to post pictures.

It has snowed all day today. ALL day. I don't know when it started, but it was snowing when I woke at 5:30, and is still snowing. Except now...now it is blowing snow. The wind has picked up. This is definitely when I DO NOT like winter. The wind could kill! It is nasty! Absolutely NASTY! You really have no idea, unless you have had to (grin &) bare it!

I am sure we have gotten atleast another 7-8 inches of snow today. But, like I said, it was pretty. When I left school shortly before 4, heading downtown to the gym, they (the big orange snow plows) were starting to clear the heavier roads, leaving it almost impossible to turn onto the side streets. And then I saw this... just before getting to the gym....I know I probably shouldn't be taking pictures while driving, but I was at a stop sign. By the way, who the heck piles snow on the corner of a 4-way stop intersection? Geepers. Good thing there were no other cars!

But then, this is what I saw when I arrived at the gym... absolute beauty in the park next to the Y.
And, it was a sight to see while on the thrillmill... and the bike!

Today's Workout:
1.5 mile run
15.87 mile spin

15 comments:

hepsmom said...

Gorgeous! I am experiencing winter vicariously through you!

Unknown said...

I am so jealous right now. Keep the pictures of the snow coming.

akshaye said...

awesome snaps.

its funny.. that big mound of snow had a bicycle store in the background. Not good for his business!

L*I*S*A said...

Those pics make me want to strap on my Stabilicers and go for a run!!

Wes said...

Totally awesome :-) Except the part about being cold ;-)

J~Mom said...

It's gorgeous and I love hearing about it!

MNFirefly said...

Welcome to winter wonderland!

Jess said...

Holy moly, it's a winter wonderland!

Ms Eva said...

Beautiful! All the snow we had has since melted.

Nancy said...

Ohhhh that's gorgeous. The snow, it is a comin. Supposed to get it in Iowa tomorrow!! Can't wait to play.

Just letting you know some race shirts are posted for this weekend. Stop by and grab one up (or grab a cute virtual hunk to pace you!) If you run 8 and post about it, please stop by to let me know so I can include you in the results. Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

It's soooooo pretty! Well, I admit I'm not jealous of driving in it ;-)

Danielle said...

I don't get the piling snow up by a stop sign either. It's because of that (and I should've sued the city for it) that I was in an accident...that and a stupid person that didn't know to swerve, and ice under my tires trying to stop when I had started forward cause I couldn't see...

SavvyFitChica said...

I can't believe all of your snow, but it does make for some really pretty pictures. I don't know how you live there... we got 3 inches finally here in MI and I was hating it! LOL!
Kelsalynn

Marcy said...

As evil as snow is, those pics look beautiful!!

Molly said...

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence...I think I would love snow...for a little while. Great pictures...

I have heard of the dangers of being on the phone while driving, or texting and driving...but taking pictures and driving is a new one!

Take Care