Sunday, December 2, 2007

Weekend Recap & Wild Hair Up the Butt

I am my own worst enemy. If I don't make myself do anything, I won't. This weekend was a prime example, but I had the weather to blame, right? We were warned of the snow storm coming our way friday, and sure enough... it showed up saturday morning! This is what I woke up to......The snow was coming down steady and despite how chilly it was, it was beautiful. I went to the gym before the weather got worse, you would be suprised how many idiots don't know how to drive in this crap. Well, a mile and a half into the run I stopped to walk and felt nauseous. So nauseous that I thought I was going to puke right then and there. Very weird. but I pushed through it and did 3 miles. I had to call it quits. I just didn't have 7 miles in me. I was hoping to be ready fro the 8 miles on the 8th, but I think that went down the crapper. Instead, my favorite spin instructor is subbing saturday, and a friend of mine suggested doing a mini-tri. So, I think we will attempt that. I will swim for 30 minutes in prior to spin, spin for 45 minutes, and then hit the treadmill for 30 minutes. I will see how that goes and determine whether or not I have it in me for the Tri-U-Mah in February.

After my run I headed to Target to get my christmas tree and some decorations. I spent the rest of the day watching movies that were on tv, my Tarheels beat Kentucky, and then I joined some people for dinner at the Olive Garden. And, ooh, it was so good!

This morning the snow had been cleared of the parking lots and pushed to the sides of the streets. It snowed ALL day long yesterday into the late evening. The weatherman estimated around 7-9 inches, as it was still snowing at 1opm last night and they were unsure. After the Vikings game, I got a wild hair up my butt. Shocking, I know. I put on the layers, and lots of them, and headed out to venture through the neighborhood. The temperature was a balming 6 degrees but I guess it felt like -7, according to weather.com. Thankfully, there was really no wind or breeze. Here's what ND and 7+ inches of snow looks like the day after....

kids playing on a fresh snow pile in the park


christmas trees for sale


This evening, I finally finished putting away all of my fall decorations, and pulled out most of my christmas decorations and candles (remember I used to work at Bath and Body Works). I will enjoy the rest of the evening watching the movie Elf, reading my new Runners World magazine, and enjoying the smell of frosted cranberry.

'Tis the season!

15 comments:

Mendy said...

Gosh just can't imagine all that snow! and those temperatures. I need to quit whining about 40 degrees.

A mini tri will be awesome. I did one or 2 in prep for mine and it really wasn't that bad. You can definitely do it! I can't wait to hear how it goes, if you decide to do one.

tree looks gorgeous! Sounds like a nice relaxing evening!

Molly said...

I am so impressed that you get out in that snow! If it is below freezing here everything shuts down. I have been using our cold mornings as an excuse to get out...no more, I will just think of you and all that snow!

Hope the tri went well!

Take Care

akshaye said...

sounds like a fun weekend.

how do you survive up there.. if it helps, today was almost 60 degrees here!

L*I*S*A said...

The snow is pretty, but I would rather have warm weather. Every year I live in MI I wonder why I put up with it. Oh well..it's home. :)

Your tree is so beautiful!!

Wes said...

Wow, six degrees, that's crazy *smiles sheepishly* :-) Nice tree!!

Runner Leana said...

Oh no, sorry to hear the 7 miles didn't happen! I hope your mini-tri goes well next weekend though. Looks like some amazing snow over there, and somewhat similar to over here. I got my Christmas tree up this weekend too so now it is definitely feeling like the season.

Jess said...

Oh, the snow is so pretty. Is it weird to miss it?

Joe said...

We had about 8 inches of snow this weekend. Today we've got EXTREMELY heavy rain and almost all of the snow has melted already.

Elf is funny!

J~Mom said...

There is no way I would be able to get out in that! You are awesome!!

Marcy said...

OMG!!! Dang and I thought I lived in the Arctic!!

P.O.M. said...

Your tree looks great!

I can deal with the snow for a weekend or so, but I don't know how you guys drive in that stuff! Scary.

Anonymous said...

Love the winter photos! Even though it's cold, they make me miss the snow. (We are in the midst of a rain/wind storm here - yuck!) Good luck with your training.

RunnerGirl said...

Do you at least get a "snow day" off from school in all that crap? Even though it snows a lot in Ohio and we're pretty used to it, I can count on at least two "snow days" a year . . . they are the highlight of my winter!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the snow.
Best of luck on the mini tri.
And love the tree.

Danielle said...

Ah yes, the snow...I missed the first storm (but saw one in ID instead) and then got to drive in the crap yesterday...you are so on on how many people can't drive in it!!