Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Back in the saddle again

Geeez... it was -8 when I left home tonight for the gym. Sounds like we will be getting our 3rd snowfall in less than 6 days here. Will it ever stop?

I feel like all this talk about snow has been taking over my time from exciting y'all with my superb workouts! Ha!

Last night's workout was wonderful. I was hoping to do more like 2.5 miles of running, but there just wasn't enough time before spin began. We now have a new instructor for tuesday night spin, sniff sniff. But, she is good. She also has a great selection of music... my favorite being the song playing as you are reading.... as well as Paralyzer by Finger Eleven. We didn't do as much sprinting as we usually do, but we really worked on climbing those hills and digging through tough terrain. It was awesome.

A part of me really wanted to get to the gym this morning for a couple miles so I could swim this evening.

What do YOU think I did?

Read on, my friend.

This morning the alarm went off at 4:30. Let's just say it was re-set and I went about my normal morning business. I worked until well after 4pm, came home, ate dinner, and watched a little Oprah (with a short 20 minute nap in there). I took in some local news, dressed for the thrillmill, packed my swimming bag, and hit the gym.

What did I do?

Well, I did a nice and easy 2.33 mile run... stretched... abs.... stretched... pushups.... stretched....

Then I changed for the pool. It's been well over 2 weeks, probably 3, since my last date with the pool. And boy did I miss it. Despite the fact that it has been weeks since my last swim, I felt like I picked up right where I left off. Actually, I felt stronger and more comfortable in the pool tonight. I was able to swim longer with less breaks and I think I finally found my comfortable speed. Prior to tonight, I was going out too fast and wearing myself out. Tonight I took it slow and easy and kept it all consistent. A slow 20 laps and I was done!

Tomorrow... it is my plan to get up and run in the AM before my morning meeting at the district office. I figured if I posted it here, it was more likely to happen. In addition, I will be treating myself to caribou coffee on my way to work... if I run!

Someone at work today said I look like Sporty Spice... I thought maybe she was on crack... but I guess I could go with that... she's the second one from the left (for you fools out there that don't speak spice girls)....

Peace, y'all!

15 comments:

Nancy said...

The smile is similar to Sporty. :D

God, it's -8 there already? It's like another world up there. It makes 28 seem positively balmy.

IronGambit said...

Sporty spice is cool :)

L*I*S*A said...

I can see it, too. You DO look a bit like Sporty Spice.

Brrrrrr...those temps are chilly. It's 13 degrees here this morning.

teacherwoman said...

It is 11 degrees here...but supposedly it feels like -2.

Danielle said...

I so almost slept in this morning...as it was I did sleep a little longer than I should've to get the workout in I wanted, and my alarm doesn't go off till 5!!

We are getting hit again today too and supposed to get even more Saturday evening into Sunday...sigh...

Ms Eva said...

I can see a resemblance. :)

Wes said...

Hey Sporty :-) Don't give up on that tri just yet! You are doing so well...

Allez said...

Its been an extra cold & snowy winter so far up north! I'm not looking forward to the weather when I go back at Christmas to see my family in Wisconsin. Funny, Sporty Spice comment... my husband calls me that on the weekend when I would braid my hair, wear a bandana & race shirt, and big hoop earrings :-)

Jess said...

I've always thought of you as "Sporty Spice."

Joe said...

She was not on crack. I can see some similarities.

A few people have told me I look like Nicholas Cage. THEY were most definitely on crack.

RunnerGirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RunnerGirl said...

I'm thinking you should change your blogger identity to Sporty Spice. What do ya think????

Nat said...

You do kind of have the same smile? I can't believe you're up at 4:30? I think getting up at 5 is super hard.

Unknown said...

Sporty Spice is cool! I can see the resemblance and you're a sports fan as well. Coincidence? I think not!

J~Mom said...

YAY Sporty Spice!! I love it!