Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Insane in the Membrane

Geez! I think I am going insane! Why is it this time of year is full of stress, joy, little-to-none spare time, excitement, numerous meetings, stress, crazy people, etc? I have been super busy this past week and haven't been to the gym since last Wednesday. I won't be getting anything in tonight either.

Christmas parties, shopping, and extra time before and after school with meetings has consumed my mind inside and outside of work! I had a special education Christmas party last night and we were required to bring a $10 gift. Well, I have a huge Tupperware container full of candles and decorations from when I worked at Bath and body works... all unused... waiting for an occasion as the such. Well, at the last minute before leaving for work, I reached in, grabbed a candle and bag, and went about my business. It wasn't until we started to play the dice game at the party that I realized I had given a USED candle! It must have somehow ended up in that container in the move! How embarassing!

Today I forgot my lunch. Luckily our office staff had put together a lunch for all teachers and par-educators as a Christmas gift! phew!

After school I went about my business, hoping to finish off my Christmas shopping. I think I am done. Thank God! There is no fun in Christmas shopping when you leave it until the last minute... next year will definitely be better!

At least they fixed my smoke alarm yesterday! Although I think I still hear the beeping in my head....

I hope to make it to the gym in the AM for a short jaunt. We'll see.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your alarm is fixed.
Hope you are enjoying your busyness. Happy Holidays.

L*I*S*A said...

Glad your shopping is finished. I'm almost there myself.

J~Mom said...

Well a nice used candle is better then a new one that no one likes. :>P Sorry that happened though.

Wes said...

Sorry. I had to stop ridding after that "embarrassing" sitiation :-) LOL!! I'd take a used candle...

Wes said...

ridding? LOL!!! MUST.GET.COFFEE :-)

Runner Leana said...

Wow, it does sound like crazy times. Enjoy the Christmas parties and don't stress too much if you can't make it to the gym. You'll get back there! Funny story about the candle though...

Jess said...

So, you're one of those people :) Kidding, I'm sure that someone can use the candle, just because it's used, doesn't mean it's damaged or anything.

Scott McMurtrey said...

with a used candle at least the person who got it knows for sure that it works. :)

akshaye said...

enjoy the holidays! I have to finish up shopping in a couple of days .. will be so crazy

Unknown said...

It's always nice when lunch is provided. Hopefully the craziness hasn't left you too out of sorts. Always nice to have a Cypress Hill reference.

Mendy said...

I'm sooo stressed now as I've waited til the last minute too on a few of the gifts, including my own husband. Yeah... no idea what to get him. Feel your pain.

Danielle said...

Oh yeah, the insane of the holiday season...it'd be nicer if there was more time and less stress so we could enjoy it.

Ms Eva said...

Oh! I am so sorry that happened. I'm sure the recipient will laugh about it in the years to come - if not already! :)


Wes - you are too funny! :)

Joe said...

I like your snowman picture.