Sunday, January 17, 2010

Weekend in MPLS and the week to come...

This weekend went by super fast, but was fun and relaxing. I left work a half hour early Friday to get on the roads. With a 3.5 hour drive from Fargo to the Twin Cities, I wanted to get as much of it done before the sun set and the temps dropped, and avoiding the chance slippery roads.

Friday night was pretty low key with drinks, conversation, and games at a friend's house. Saturday night we were celebrating a friend's birthday and started the night out with dinner at PF Chang's. Did you know they have the bet chocolate cake dessert there that you can get in a 2 oz. shot glass? Perfect size for an after dinner sweet tooth!
After that, we headed to Downtown MPLS for some fun! We actually had a nice booth/dance area blocked off for us at the bar with "bottle service". With our bottle service we paid for the bottles of liquor (Absolut Citron, Grey Goose, Captain Morgan, and Maker's Mark Whiskey) and they gave us all the mixings we wanted, and we made our own drinks! Can you guess what I drank?
Me... sis.. and birthday girl...

The evening was a lot of fun!

Anyway....
This past week's workouts were good, but not at all like the schedule I had planned or in the order I would have liked. Oh well, at least I was still movin'. fI still didn't get to the pool at all this past week.
A few days ago I posted a workout schedule that I would like to try, but I find myself tweaking it already for this coming week due to some other evening commitments. So, here's the plan for this week:

Monday:
REST -
Pilates - 60 min
Tuesday:
(AM) Run - 3 mi
(PM) Yoga
Wednesday:
(AM) Bike
Thursday:
(AM) Swim
(PM) Run - 3 mi
Yoga
Friday:
(AM) Bike
(PM) BodyPump
Saturday:
Swim (Long)

Sunday:
Long Run

I usually like to do my long runs on Saturday, but I had to shift BP to Friday and didn't want to do that the day after. And, I am going to start my week off with REST day. It kind of feels like cheating, like I haven't earned that rest day yet, but with how hard it is for me to get up in the morning to workout on Monday's (and the fact that I have a hair appointment in the evening) this was my best option! Who knows, I might really like this schedule!

Anything crazy/fun/exciting in your schedule this week? Tomorrow the kiddos don't have school but we have a staff development day. In fact, I am helping in facilatating the morning session... ahh the joys. Also, I am getting a long-over-due haircut and color tomorrow evening. I am finding more and more gray hairs and not liking it at all! yuck.

13 comments:

Shannon said...

Looks like a fun weekend!

Glad you get to pamper yourself a bit tomorrow. I love getting my hair done!

I start classes again this week, so not a whole lot of excitement here!

Pining for Pinterest said...

Glad to hear that you had a great weekend! We do not have school tomorrow and Tuesday we have a teacher work day!!! I am going to love this week :-)

RunnerGirl said...

Ah, sorry you have to work tomorrow. We're off and I'm thrilled!

Jess said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!

Anonymous said...

I had dinner at P.F Changs this weekend too- LOVE IT!!!!!

Kelly said...

Looks like a really fun weekend, it's cool that you get to make your own drinks.
I have a professional development day on Tuesday- ugh, I would rather have the kids haha, I get so bored!

Marci said...

Great week of workouts! Hope you had a nice w.e!

MCM Mama said...

Sounds like a fun weekend, although I have to admit that all I could think about was the hangover I'd have if I even thought about drinking any of those alcohols.

The schedule looks good. I always have to move things around. That's just life.

Have a great week.

Marlene said...

I LOVE mini desserts! Sounds like a fun weekend.

Enjoy the hair appointment!

Unknown said...

I am so horrible at reading and commenting on others blogs--I used to more!! Next time you pop into Mpls for the weekend, drop me a line and we can meet up! I love your workout schedule, it's the kind of ambition I need!

Mike Russell said...

Bottle service can be a ton of fun, but I always find that it can help things get out of control!

Good luck on the workouts this week. It seems that you are really ramping up your volume!

Neesha and Dustin said...

I'm a Captain girl myself. :) Your weekend looked AWESOME! You guys sound all celebbed out with bottle service...etc. Very cool! I need to move to a place where that happens! :)

Kristen said...

I need a highlight like nobodys business - my roots are showing! :)

Looks like a fun weekend!