Thursday, January 7, 2010

Three Things Thursday

  1. It's freakin' cold here peeps. I woke this morning to -10 degrees and about -27 degree windchill. I didn't want to get out of bed. Period. Do you blame me? It's like living in the arctic .... snowbanks alongside the road that are1-2 feet above my car, can't see on-coming traffic when sitting at a 4 way stop, 15-20 foot snow piles in parking lots, white covered icy roads, the exhaust from vehicles working on overtime obstructs your view... and it's not going to be any nicer tomorrow... -23 below (without windchill) when I wake tomorrow. blech. But, Sunday it's supposed to be in the 20's (above zero) and that's well above a 50 degree increase, so it will feel like a heat wave!
  2. Yesterday I did BodyPump and it had been 5 weeks since my last session, and it was definitely apparent today. My triceps, glutes, and quads were sore. But, in a sick-twisted-I-know-I-got-a-good-workout-because-of-sore-muscles-kind-of-way, it feels good. Real good. Today I got in a nice and slow 3 miler on the treadmill (obviously) with lots of walking. I just wanted to loosen up those muscles a bit. Hopefully I can get to the pool in the morning (based on how I feel in regards to #1).
  3. Shannon is giving away a $15 gift certificate for RoadID and today is the last day to register! Go check out her blog, say hello, and get registered... if you're interested. If not, just say "hi" and let me have a better chance at winning!

17 comments:

MCM Mama said...

Umm, you live in ND, what to you expect? I remember walking home the 5 blocks from school in the winter in Grand Forks one time when I was 7 ('cause the bus didn't show up) and nearly suffering frost bite.

That's why I live in the south now. ;o)

Carly said...

I feel your pain!!! I froze me arse off today.

Pining for Pinterest said...

I froze my butt off today, but we did not have anything like the weather you had! I am just a baby in the cold :-)

Aka Alice said...

That is COLD. I would have stayed in bed.

Hang in there. I hate cold (thus, I live here :-)

Mike Russell said...

I am up in Grand Rapids all the time. I went out to my car early one morning last winter to make a client meeting and the car thermometer said -40. ND knows cold like nobody else...

tri_al said...

and here we are in london complaining about our four inches of snow ahahaha.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you can take that brutal cold weather. You guys are tough.

Shannon said...

Your weather report makes my 20-something degrees feel downright tropical!

Thank you for commenting on my blog and offering your insight. I really appreciate it :)

Anne said...

I want that "sick twisted" feeling from sore muscles too, but you can keep the -27 degree air. I like the Three Things Thursday concept, by the way.

RunToTheFinish said...

seriously the midwest winter is just intense this year!! I had a space heater going so it was all toasty when I woke up...which got me out of bed but then it was like well it's soooo cold out...what now.

Jess said...

Oh my gosh I can't believe how cold it is where you live. I don't know how you handle it! Bundle up and enjoy your "heat wave"

X-Country2 said...

It's the winter that won't end!

Wes said...

Better you than me :-) I could NOT live there!! BRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Holly said...

It's kind of sad when you get excited for 20 degree days! :)

My Life said...

Okay. I am a total hag for griping about sunshine & 70*. I seriously hope you've got a mega-Snuggie!

Kelly said...

I wish my gym had Body Pump, it looks fun!

Anonymous said...

When my mom told me that it was going to be crazy cold in ND I totally thought of you! I don't know how you do it because I'm freezing here in the 30's!