Friday, January 22, 2010

Award


Beautiful Blogger Award!



I want to thank Staci for the lovely award! I love reading her blog and we have some wonderful things in common - our name and that we're both teachers! According to the rules, I need to post 7 random things about myself and pass the award onto 7 other people. I have many new readers in addition to my wonderful followerd for the past couple of years, so I will try my best not to list too many things some of you already know about me... Let's do this!


  1. I have never broken a bone or sprained anything, but I am pretty good at burning or cutting myself, some way... some how. Yesterday, I pulled a typical Stacy move... curling my hard, set the iron down, it spun around and faced me, I reached for it again without looking, and completely wrapped my entired hand around the hot end of the iron... It hurt so bad! Just two days ago I burned my forehead while curling my hair, too.

  2. I never played sports in middle and high school. I was too introverted/shy. Instead, I was a music geek, taking 11 years of piano lessons and participating in band. I took the piano pretty serious, but the band - probably not as much. And yes, I went to band came, once, when I was 13. Can you guess which instrument I played?

  3. I am 29 and single; trying to love every minute of it! Any single-tall-dark-handsome-active men out there reading? hehehe.

  4. I am taking a class this semester, working towards my ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) credential. This class is online and I think I am really going to love the idea of learning from the comfort of my own couch!

  5. I want to go backpacking in Europe. Anyone wanna join me? I have never traveled abroad but and thinking about going on a Contiki Tour...someday.

  6. I am getting back into painting; something I really love to do and haven't done much of it in the past 10 years. The painting I am working on is a "welcome home" gift for my brother-in-law and even though I don't think he reads my blog, I am not going to post a picture of it. But, I promise I will share it after I give it to him.

  7. I am kind of a bandwagon fan when it comes to NBA basketball... what can I say, I have a few favorite players that I love to follow. But I am true to my NC Tar Heels. And no, I did not go to school there... just been a fan since I was a kid.


Onto tagging 7 other people... There are so many people to choose from, but I guess I got to narrow it down to 7. Don't hold a grudge against me if I didn't choose you!

  1. Jess from Run Girl Run

  2. Ashley from Journey to a Better Me

  3. J over at Morning Runner

  4. Kelsalynn from KelsalynnFitBlo

  5. Kelly over at She Wears a Red Sox Cap

  6. Danielle at From 5K to Marathon

  7. Shannon from LessonstoLearn

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Crossing my fingers that I don't get stuck inside my house all weekend due to the blizzard we are supposed to get!

23 comments:

Pining for Pinterest said...

That Autism class sounds exciting :-) Good list. I have always wanted to backpack in Europe too!!

audgepodge said...

Owwww!!!! That curling iron story made me wince! ;)

Fun Friday post - have a good weekend!

MCM Mama said...

OUCH! I used to burn my forehead on a regular basis back when I used to curl my hair. Since having kids, I've had to learn to embrace the straightness that is my hair. No time to do anything to it LOL.

Anne said...

My daughter did a European trip with Contiki a few years ago and loved every minute of it. They thought of everything, right down to being warned to deny you're an American in certain regions that hate the USA.

Marlene said...

Great list! I would so love to see more of Europe .... one of these days!

I hope the weather doesn't make you housebound this weekend!

Jess said...

Ohh thanks for the tag! I will definitely play along!

Tricia said...

Great list. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Badgergirl said...

Great list! Enjoy your weekend!

Wes said...

haveagreatweekend :-)

Kristen said...

My husband and I are 90% settled on going on a Contiki tour this November to Italy for his 30th and for me finishing school. I have heard they are great.

Fun post - like you said it is a fun way to get to know people better. We all love to run and workout so we all have that in common but to learn fun non-running facts!

Anonymous said...

First time reader - good stuff!

My Mom was 29 for like 30 years...

Ashley said...

Aaaaawwww, I FINALLY got a chance to pop over and see what's new with you and what an honor to see that I've been tagged - yay!! Interesting tidbits - I love learning new things about ppl. I was the same way with sports in school - I'm not coordinated enough to play a team sport, LOL!

Looks like you've been getting some great workouts in - nice work!!!

Carolina John said...

i was a music geek/non athlete too! i love seeing us nerds creep into jock territory. I was chorus not band though. did play the piano for a long time, but now i only play to entertain my kids.

Mike Russell said...

I was watching Sports Center this morning on the trainer thinking about how much of a bandwagon fan I am. I think we should have a club, but then nobody would join until about May...

Jess said...

I've never broken or sprained anything either!

RunnerGirl said...

What class are you taking online? I used to do a ton of ABA therapy with children on the spectrum and miss it so much!

MNFirefly said...

I can't use a curling iron even if I depended upon it. But as you know, I am Queen of all Sprains (ankle and now hand).

SavvyFitChica said...

you- shy? Really? I would never peg you as a shy person, you seem so confident and comfortable in your own skin! Oh, how we've grown since high school right?

Thanks for the tag. I'll try and fulfill the tag tonight or tomorrow! Right now, I'm seeing how much damage we did to our budget so far this month so I'm suspecting I'll have a post about it! :P

Anonymous said...

Well, this was a perfect time to check out your blog. I was able to get a good overview of you! I have seen your comments on other blogs and thought I would check out Teacherwoman! Europe is definitely the thing to do BEFORE you settle down with husband and kids! Have a wonderful weekend!

Unknown said...

Great list, although be careful with that curling iron missy! :)

Laurel said...

Oooh, I would love to see some of your paintings sometime! Definitely post when you are done!

RunToTheFinish said...

yes to backpacking! I mean maybe we should meet once first, but whatever lets go! :)

J said...

Thanks for tagging me!!