Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Month in review & yearly stats

I realized that I haven't take a chance to reflect on December numbers and 2009 as a whole, so I will do it now! Better late than never!

Month in Review: December
Here's a look at the stats for December and comparing them to November's Stats.
Swim - 2,800M .................. 4,800M in November
Bike - 121.58 miles .......... 98.56 miles in November
Run - 49.70 miles ............ 20.15 miles in November

Well there was definitely a jump in the numbers for running and biking from November to December! If I would have realized how close I was to 50 miles of running, I would have put in another .3 miles! My swim definitely suffered, but it didn't help that the pool was closed for almost 2 weeks.



And the year overall? Let's compare to years past:

2009 Stats:
Swim - 110,350 meters
(08 - 101,500; 07 - 6,900; 06 - 1,050)
Bike - 1036.16 miles (08 - 842.23; 07 - 665.85; 06 - 102.6)
Run - 304.39 miles (08 - 385.92; 07 - 366.14; 06 - 329.28)

The all of my swimming and biking numbers have increased from year to year. The trend for my running stats increased every year, except this year, but given my on and off knee issues, I am quite pleased with the overall results.

Totals since I started keeping stats:
2006 - 2009
Swim - 220,750 meters (137.17 miles)
Bike - 2,646.84 miles
Run - 1385.73 miles



I wonder what 2010 will look like. If all goes well, I am hoping for 150,000M in the pool, 1200 miles on the bike, and around 400 miles of running. I think all is very doable if I train smart!

24 comments:

robinbb said...

Wow! Congrats on that mileage. I am really looking to get into tri's this next year. I have been working on the swimming, already run, but haven't started the biking yet. Now we have snow on the road, I guess I will have to wait a bit. Any advice on how you started, I would appreciate it!

Tony said...

Crazy numbers. Nice work.

Jess said...

Wow girl you've got some great numbers going on there! I definitely think you can hit your goals for this year if you train smart!

Wes said...

I don't know how you do all that biking when its so freakin cold there :-) But nice...

Shannon said...

That is really impressive! I love that you've kept track for so long. It must be pretty cool to add up all of those numbers!

Kelly said...

Wow that is a big jump in mileage. You go girl! Keep it up!

SavvyFitChica said...

Wow! it's so cool that you track that information! It's neat to look back and see where you started. Your 2009 stats are amazing compared to years prior! And even w/ nursing your knee injury for a big part of it, your running # is so close to last year!

2010 is going to be amazing!

Badgergirl said...

Nice job! Keep it up in 2010!

Pining for Pinterest said...

Those are some huge numbers. I can't wait to see what you do in 2010 :-)

Jess said...

Wes, is right: That's a lot of biking when you consider how few months you have to do it in.

Mike Russell said...

Good goals for 2010. You sure spend a ton of time in the water!

Neese said...

nice digits! :D

MCM Mama said...

NIce numbers! I'm so impressed with all of you that do something besides run.

Holly said...

Great work! Can't wait to see and hear about all the work you do in 2010!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the mileage! Very impressive!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the mileage! Very impressive!

Unknown said...

great job - especially how you increased from nov to dec. very impressive. and your year on year numbers are good too.

Tricia said...

Wow, great numbers.

J said...

Great year! Hope 2010 is even better!

Carolina John said...

Good numbers! 2009 was a breakthrough year for you, no doubt. now let's see if you can top it!

Runner Susan said...

Happy 2010! And train smart for sure! An extra glass of wine will make it all possible.

X-Country2 said...

Wow, what a year. Good luck in 2010!

Anonymous said...

Nice year! I bet 2010 will have big numbers in store for you.

N.D. said...

Nice job! The numbers looks great!