Thursday, January 21, 2010

Three Things Thursday


  1. Yesterday I did my first 2-a-day in a while, and I must say, it felt invigorating! Prior to heading off to work, I did another bike-run Brick workout - 12 miles on the bike and 1.5 miles on the treadmill. I really like "practicing" these run-offs and I like to focus on more speed during this run since it's definitely a shorter distance than most of my regular runs. After work, I scurried off to the gym to get in an hour of BodyPump. Oh, how I love thee! I am starting to feel stronger in my arms/shoulders/back and think I am starting to see some changes!

  2. It looks like us NoDak's are prepping for another big storm. I guess it has been almost a month since our last blizzard. I am not willing to get too worked up about it, yet, but it sounds like the southern Red River Valley area might get up to a foot of snow - with an increase in blowing winds throughout the weekend. yay. I am sure the grocery store is going to be packed tomorrow, which totally cracks me up and annoys me at the same time. I just hope I can still get to the gym Saturday/Sunday! That's all I am worried about!

  3. I, among many other friends and especially family, are super ecstatic for the return of our favorite soldier - my brother-in-law! His Unit flew into the US this past Sunday and he hopes to be home with my sister and their dog by this Sunday! I can't believe it has been almost a year since he left for his 2nd tour in Iraq. We are so happy to have him back on American soil and are very proud of all that he has done and sacrificed... him and my sister. Superbowl weekend we will be celebrating his homecoming with friends and family and we can only hope to see the Vikings in the Superbowl to tip off an already extra spectacular weekend!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job on the Brick work out! I love hearing of soldiers coming back and being reunited with their loved ones! Awesome!

Pining for Pinterest said...

WOW! I am impressed that you did the 2x a day!!! Way to go :-) That is so exciting about your BIL coming home. What a great time to be with family!

J said...

Those two a days can really be fun! i cant wait for warmer weather when i can run outside in the morning and at night!

I am so happy for your family that your brother in law is coming home SAFE! Thank you to him and your family for his service to our country!

Marlene said...

Nice job on the double!

I hope the storm doesn't trap you in the house this weekend. And great news that your BIL is home safe!

Carly said...

Yay for your brother in law coming home! I appreciate all that he has done to serve our country.

Carolina John said...

how wonderful! it's going to be fantastic to have the bil back in nodak.

and i've heard bodypump will certainly get the arms & shoulders showing some serious curves. well done.

Anonymous said...

So happy your BIL will be coming home safe!!!! <3 those fighting for my freedom!

Mike Russell said...

Go Brett! I am a Cowboys fan and hated to see them lose last weekend, but at least it was to Brett Favre!

Two-a-days are one of the greatest invention of man. I think your brick may qualify you for a 2.5-a-day because of the BodyPump workout. You are hardcore!

Jess said...

That's great news that your brother in law is almost all the way back home! I hope you have an awesome time celebrating with him and your sister!

Wes said...

1. Nice
2. Yuk!
3. Very nice!! :-)

MCM Mama said...

WTG on the workout! Brr! and YAY for the safe return of your BIL!

Badgergirl said...

Ugh. I wish Brett would just go home and stay in Mississippi. I just can't handle the man since he left Green Bay. But maybe if he wins a Super Bowl he'll really retire this time and we'll be done with all his drama. A Packer fan can hope, can't she?

Yeah for the two-a-day! Boo on the possible storm and double year for the BIL's return home!

RunToTheFinish said...

2 days seem to be my life...I kinda like breaking things up. It also gives me a real energized feeling.

yeahhhhh glad he is coming home safe and sound!

Shannon said...

What good news! I'm so happy to hear that your brother-in-law is coming home.

Stay warm and stay safe in the snow!

Kelly said...

That's so exciting about your brother in law!!!

I hope you make it to the gym this weekend. I have had some interesting trips to the gym this year because of blizzards. Let's just say they should not put a gym on top of a hill haha

MNFirefly said...

Awesome job on the double. I am glad that your bro-in-law is finally home. My brother comes home mid-to-late February and looking forward to it. I will be breathing a little bit easier when he does.

Kristen said...

Great "brick" workout!

We are having a pretty major storm out here in CA, of course, it is probably nothing to those who come from the snow, but people are kinda freaking out. :)

So glad your brother-in-law made it home safe and sound!

I Run for Fun said...

Wow! BRICK + BodyPump! That is intense. You are hardcore.

Melissa said...

WOW! You had quite a day!
Glad your brother in law is home safely. I hope y'all have a great time watching the Saints in the Super Bowl...lol :)