Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday Monday

Yesterday, I left the cities as soon as the Vikings were done spanking the Cowboys rears and made it home in time to throw my bags in my room, change into my workout clothes, and head to the gym.


Usually, after a 3.5 hour drive home from a weekend in the cities I have no energy, or should I say desire, to do any sort of workout. However, since I knew I was taking a REST day today I had to do something.


I had 1 hour and I needed to use it wisely.


With that one hour, I got a hard, fast ride on the bike - 16. 2 miles, and then did some sprints on the treadmill - 1 mile total. It's been a long time since I did a "run-off" the bike and my legs were definitely not used to it, but it only took a minute to get into my stride. I felt great and got home just in time to catch the season premier of 24!



I think I might like the idea of taking a REST day on Monday. I didn't set my alarm for the butt crack of dawn this morning, only to roll over and reset it for an hour later, and I feel quite rested and ready to go for the week. No guilt here!

Happy Monday, y'all!

18 comments:

Marlene said...

Way to make good use of that extra hour. I think I would have crashed on the couch....

Loving 24!

MCM Mama said...

Nice use of that hour. I love starting off the week with a rest day. ;o)

Anonymous said...

Good job making use of your hour! I had lots of trouble with the bike to run transition during my triathlon last summer. I practiced it somewhat, but I definitely will practice it more for this summer. It's such a crazy feeling when your quads go to mush!

Unknown said...

nice use of an hour. well deserved rest day...

Carolina John said...

yea i haven't started back doing enough bricks yet either. good for you for getting a hard one in!

Badgergirl said...

Nice use of that one hour!

And good job not missing a minute of Jack Bauer. Lovin' 24 so far this season.

Kelly said...

Ah snoozing. I love sleeping in! Enjoy your Monday!

Jess said...

After long trips I never have the energy to get to the gym either! Nice job getting it done!

Steel Springs said...

Awesome workout, especially after a long car ride! Enjoy your rest day.

Mike Russell said...

Wasn't 24 a little slow last night? I am hoping Jack picks it up a little tonight. It will make for good viewing on the trainer!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are off to a great start of the week!

Anonymous said...

I totally enjoyed the Dallas spanking!!!

Shannon said...

Great job squeezing in that workout! I'm glad you are feeling rested as you start the week :)

Gotta Run..... said...

way to make the time count!!!

My husband loves 24...me..well it jacks me up so much that I no longer watch it. ;(

Pining for Pinterest said...

I LOVE 24!! My husband and I watch it all the time. However, we wait until it is on DVD because there are too many nights we would miss things with the kids so it would be too much work to try to make it up!!! Great job on the workout :-)

Kelly said...

Before I started doing spinning class on Monday nights, I definitely took Monday off- Monday morning is no time for a work out as far as I'm concerned. Ooo the good ol' brick workout, don't miss those!

Kristen said...

Yay for squeezing in a workout in an hour - nice job!

One more month til the next 3 day weekend!

Nat said...

Are you doing any tris in MN this summer? Hope to meet you at one!
http://mnironjourney.blogspot.com/