Monday, January 11, 2010

Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge - Review

I want to take a moment to shout out a great big thanks to Amanda over at RuntoTheFinish for putting together the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge! Overall, I scored 170 some points (not nearly as many as some) but had a fun time with the challenge.

Because of the challenge and being able to earn 1 point for consuming 7 servings of fruits and veggies each day, I have learned (and forced) myself to include more fruits and veggies into my daily meals. Prior to this challenge I was eating fruits and veggies, but not enough. I realized that when I started eating 7 servings each day, I felt fuller, I didn't have room for other crappy foods, and I started craving fruits rather than sweets. LOVE it!

Another thing I noticed with this challenge was that I started to add more stretching/strengthening/yoga into my routine since I was earning points for this too. In the past, these things would sometimes get pushed to the side as I was too focused on getting in my miles on the treadmill/bike or meters in the pool.

Thanks again, Amanda, for putting this together! Even though the challenge is over, I am still paying attention to my fruits and veggies, along with stretching, strengthening, and yoga!

Did you participate in the challenge? How did you do?

16 comments:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

I participated and have not logged my miles in weeks. Thanks for the reminder. UGH!!

Glad you had a nice weekend. Can we PLEASE hit fast forward to Friday?

Anonymous said...

Not craving sweets is huge!! Hope you are satying warm:)

Kelly said...

I did not participate. BUT I love those types of challenges. Just wasn't feeling it this year.

Pining for Pinterest said...

I did the Bootie Buster Challenge too and I loved it! I have not looked at my points. However, during our school break, I did not do anything :-(

Laura said...

I did and I loved it! I did pretty well though can't figure out how so people were able to fit in all those points...amazing.

Ashley said...

Man, I missed it since I was a little MIA lately. :( Bummer - I could have actually done that with my detox - each green drink is equivalent to 9 servings of veggies! I'll have to keep an eye out for that next time.

Nice work! And thanks for the support during my detox...I NEED IT! It's so hard!!! ;)

Unknown said...

I didn't do her challenge but I just started one with my family today!! 5 points so far today :)

Any thing to keep the sweet cravings away!!

Lily on the Road said...

Good for you !!! Sounds like an exciting and well worth it challenge...

SavvyFitChica said...

Unfortunately I did not participate but I'm glad it helped you! That's awesome! Every extra serving helps!

By the way, I could not describe why I love Sundays better than you did in your last post! Man, I felt as if you took the words right out of my mouth!

Jess said...

Those are some great lessons to take away from the experience! As I sit here eating Cheetos...

Anonymous said...

sounds like a solid deal....keep it up with the 7 servings bit...it'll def pay off...

MCM Mama said...

Good for you! I started out strong, but really dropped off near the end. I got most of my end points just through my normal running.

RunToTheFinish said...

yeahhh so glad it was good for you! I had a lot of fun tracking everyone and seeing those who really felt good from it!

can't wait to see where your year goes from here

Badgergirl said...

Nice job on the challenge! I had some good weeks and some bad - mostly due to this nasty cold that just won't go away. And the fact that it's nearly impossible for me to eat 7 servings of fruits/veggies a day. :)

Shannon said...

Not doing the challenge but love Amanda and the motivation these contests help people to stay on track. :)

Marlene said...

I LOVED the HBBC!!! It definitely kept me going through December, although I had a hard time once the holidays hit and I had back-to-back vacations away from home.

Amanda rocks!