Thursday, January 14, 2010

Three Things Thursday


  1. Once again, I am heading out this weekend for the Minneapolis area. For those of you new to this blog (which there are quite a few of you, thank you!), my sister, Steph, lives in the twin cities area and I frequently venture out that direction, especially since her hubby was deployed to Iraq last February.... Anyway, this will be my second trip to the cities in 2 weeks, and I plan to head back again in 3 weeks. But the purpose of that trip is for another post, my friend. Plans for this weekend? A mutual friend of ours is celebrating her birthday. As for Sunday, Steph and I plan to watch the Vikings game together before I get on the road. Them Cowboys are going down!
  2. This AM workout girl hasn't been working out in the AM....much...at....all. Usually I would prefer to workout in the morning with a "get it over with" attitude and a reward of free evenings to do other things, but I have been struggling so much to get in an early morning workout (aka wake-up at 430am to get to the gym at 5) and have only done so once in the past week and a half. I used to swim almost every tues/thurs morning and run and/or bike a couple times a week in the morning. What's my deal? I need a swift kick in the ars... for sure.
  3. Can I just say that I really enjoy my students?! I have worked with most of them since the beginning of last year, and some from the year before, and have become quite attached. Only a handful of months left and I will be sending them off to middle school. *sniff, sniff* I am trying so hard to get them ready for middle school, and if any of you are special education teachers out there, you know that there's a big difference between elementary and middle school special education support....

25 comments:

Pining for Pinterest said...

Have a great time visiting your sister!!! I am going to miss my students that are moving on to middle school too! There are some is my class that I had since Kindergarten and now I have to see them go away :-( Have a wonderful day!

Unknown said...

I'm having a hard time getting going in the morning as well. I still think it's because I'm solar powered. Days are still too short... ;-)

Marlene said...

I can't picture myself EVER hopping out of bed at 4:30AM voluntarily.... good luck getting back into the AM swing of things. It sure is nice having spare time in the evening.

Have a great time in the Cities with your sister this weekend!

Jason Andrew Mellet said...

dont worry ive been struggling to get workouts in at all this week. i am getting ready for my wife to go back to work next week and trying to juggle my own business and the 11 week old daughter. not enough time in the day to do everything.

oh, and by the way, cowboys will be the victors on the weekend.

Melissa said...

I haven't been able to get up and going lately either. I think it's a post-holiday lull or soemthing.

Anonymous said...

I'm not up on my midwest geography so I had to google maps the trip. That's a hike! Have a great trip!

Carolina John said...

go vikings!

there's nothing I would rather do in the evenings than get a hard workout in. makes the whole day seem like a success no matter what else happened.

Wes said...

I am trying to get in more AM workouts. So far so bad :-( Have a great trip!!

Jess said...

Girl 4:30 a.m. is earrrlllyyyy I totally understand why you're body wants to stay in bed!

MCM Mama said...

Have a fun time in the Cities! Can't help you on the morning thing as I can barely make it out of bed in time to get the kids ready for school.

Shannon said...

That is wonderful that you can visit your sister and support her. This must be a hard time for her.

I got up at 4 (or before) everyday so I could be at the gym and workout before school (I was a school counselor). It was brutal, but so much easier for me than knowing I needed to muster up the enthusiasm to go after work. Those kids wear you out!

Renee said...

My former roommate is a middle school special ed teacher. I think all of you guys deserve a special retirement fund or something because that work is HARD! AM work outs are vrey hard. I feel your pain!

Jess said...

That's right the Cowboys are going down! Stupid Tony Romo won't have anything on Brett Fav-rah!

Aron said...

have fun this weekend!!! i still havent gotten into AM workout mode either :-/ it will come!

RunnerGirl said...

As a middle school special education teacher, I would try to assure you that the kiddos will be fine, but I have NO idea what services are like at your middle school.

I have a hard time sending mine off to high school every year, so I totally feel your pain :)

Kelly said...

I feel the same way as you about the AM workouts. I used to be a big am workout person, but lately I just can't do it and have become a night worker outter. I guess it's okay but it's weird because I feel like I have a lot less time now haha

Badgergirl said...

Blame the early morning issues on it being winter. It's down right cold that early in the morning, which is why I can only do it once a week.

Have fun with your sister this weekend! And I guess we'll be on opposite sides of the field this weekend, cause I'm hoping Brett Favre and the Vikings go down in flames! :)

J said...

I think mornings in the winter are the hardest! Its just so dark out and its hard to get up that early!

Anonymous said...

Vikings lose this weekend.....24-10

Scott McMurtrey said...

Vikings 84 - Cowboys (-)3

Danielle said...

Skol Vikings! If you want to really have fun, come join us tailgating downtown! I have purple and gold jello shots...as well as other Viking related things!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Melts my hear to hear a teacher talk about enjoying her students. My boys are not in school YET but I pray when they are that they get a teacher like you. Someone who loves the job and does not feel it as a burden. I am sure there are days where it is VERY HARD, but to ENJOY it...that is amazing!

Kelly said...

Sounds like an awesome night planned, have fun!

Toni said...

Have a great time with your sister!
I'm right there with you on the not being able to get my workout done in the morning. I have great intentions of getting up but when the alarm goes off I just roll over.

RunToTheFinish said...

aww you are such a good sister and teacher!!