Monday, December 28, 2009

2009, A Year in Review



An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.
~Bill Vaughan





2009 is coming to an end and it's time to reflect on the year behind me. Where do I begin?


I can compare the number of events I did in 2009 to the number of events in 2008 and they are the same: 5.

Just 5:

I had big goals and more events on my race schedule for 2009, but considering the on-and-off knee issues this year, I am pretty pleased with what I have completed even though it wasn’t everything I wanted to accomplish. You live and learn. I started to encorporate more strengthening exercises as well as taking more classes at the Y.


Asside from races and the distances, I have had a pretty busy year. Let’s take a look:

That's pretty much it in a nutshell! What a busy, but exciting year, it's been! Be prepared for some changes in the looks of this blog. I am ready for a change, how about you?

Check back tomorrow for my 2010 goals!

What did 2009 look like for you? Are you pleased with what the year consisted of, or ready to leave it in the dust?

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Training wise is was a good year, only minor aches and pains...no major injuries. Only had one race I was disappointed in my times.

As far as personal trials and stuff...can't wait for 2010 :)

Pining for Pinterest said...

Since I just started running this year I am looking forward to a 2010 with races and getting to learn more about running and myself :-) A Britney Spears concert!? Sounds like fun!!

Renee said...

I have not written it out yet, but I think I had a pretty great 2009. I think that 2010 is going to really be my best year yet though! :)

Jess said...

You had a fun 2009! Can't wait to read what your goals are for 2010!

Holly said...

Merry (late) Christmas! 2009 was a good year, but I'm excited about 2010 - I think it's going to be even better. Can't wait to see your 2010 plans!

Lori said...

That is some year!

I had a good one with my first triathlon and other events during the year. Hope to continue for next :D

Carly said...

2009 was a great year for you! Can't wait to see what 2010 brings.

Lora Abernathy said...

Definitely a busy year for you.

My biggest goal was to move from back of the pack in what was my very first tri last year. Mission accomplished!

Anonymous said...

sounds like a 2009 focused on fitness, famiglia, and fun. well balanced indeed. Question..who were you rooting for in that Lakers/Wolves game? lol

looking forward to your 2010 schedule!

Jess said...

You've had a great and successful year even with the set backs with your knee! Can't wait to hear about 2010.

Carolina John said...

wow, you did have a lot of fun in 09! got your first sprint tri's under the belt, now you're ready to tackle an oly? go for it girl.

Marlene said...

Sounds like quite a year with many good things!

RBJ said...

Loved your post! I think I will try and do the same. Happy New Year!

Badgergirl said...

Sounds like a good year!