An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.
2009 is coming to an end and it's time to reflect on the year behind me. Where do I begin?
I can compare the number of events I did in 2009 to the number of events in 2008 and they are the same: 5.
- Fargo 5K
- Tour De Cure – Ride for Diabetes – 28 miles
- Prairie Rose State Games Sprint Triathlon
- Detroit Lakes Younglife Sprint Triathlon
- Jingle Bell 5K
Asside from races and the distances, I have had a pretty busy year. Let’s take a look:
- Going away party for the brother-in-law who returned to Iraq for his 2nd tour of duty
- Lakers/Timberwolves game
- Nasty Blizzard in March, followed by
- worrying and preparing for a flood in March, with the addition of
- another foot of snow, and
- more road flooding in April.
- Britney Spears concert ... yep you read that right.
- Took part in the FMY Gators Adult Swim Team and began practicing two times a week at 6am, outdoor during the summer months!
- Played on 2 sand volleyball teams and 1 co-ed softball team that took first!
- Twins Game
- Family trip to NYC
- 2nd summer of teaching Extended School Year for students with special needs
- David Cook concert
- Trip to Vegas with friends while BIL was home on leave
- Girl Cousin’s weekend in GF
- Sioux hockey games
- Vikings vs. Seahawks game in November
That's pretty much it in a nutshell! What a busy, but exciting year, it's been! Be prepared for some changes in the looks of this blog. I am ready for a change, how about you?
Check back tomorrow for my 2010 goals!
What did 2009 look like for you? Are you pleased with what the year consisted of, or ready to leave it in the dust?