Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Down to the last month of 2009

Where in the world did November go? I mean, for reals. I think I say this every month, but boy did this month fly by!

Month in Review: November
Here's a look at the stats for November, and comparing them to October's Stats.
Swim - 4,800M ................ 8,700M in October
Bike - 98.56 miles .......... 77.80 miles in October
Run - 20.15 miles .......... 12.74 miles in October

My swim numbers were pretty low, but considering I was gone most weekends, and I struggled getting up early to get to the pool this past month, I deserve the low numbers. I was hoping to get the biking well above the 100 mile mark, but will settle for coming close. As far as the running mileage goes, I am quite pleased considering my knee is doing much better. I'll take it!

What's in store for December? In the back of my mind I have a couple things I would lurve to accomplish before 2009 comes to an end. I want to see my bike miles get above 1,000 miles for the year, which should be pretty easy considering I only need a little over 100 miles to do so. I would also love to see my running mileage make the 300 mile mark. That would mean I would have to do 45 miles, and I don't know if I want to push it. I guess I will just have to see what the knee is able to handle!

How do you plan to close out 2009? Anyone out there thinking about their 2010 goals and races/events schedules?

22 comments:

Marlene said...

Looks like a great month overall. Good luck reaching your December and 2009 goals!

Wes said...

Those are great numbers. I thought for sure the glaciers would have put a dent in your activity :-) Glad to hear the knee is feeling better!!

SavvyFitChica said...

Good job again! As busy as you were, getting any miles/meters done is a victory in my book!

I'm going to do a post that lists my "successes of 2009" and then one with my "goals for 2010." It's in the making!

Carolina John said...

i'm going to send out 2009 with a plan for 2010. and some baseline training. and that is all. maybe some family time.

J said...

Hopefully the knee will continue to feel good! Swimming has gone down for me too...its must be the cold weather and dark mornings!

I Run for Fun said...

That's a great list of numbers for November! Good to hear your knee is doing better. Take it slow...and good luck in December!

Jess said...

Another busy month!

Anonymous said...

Good month and good luck with your 2009 goals. I'm sure you will achieve it.
Personally I just look forward to running again in 2010

Badgergirl said...

Nice job in November!

And 2010 thoughts? They're swirling around in my head. I'll put it out there as plans come together.

Being Robinson said...

these are busy months, so i think those numbers are great! way better than mine!! :) 2010 goals, oy, i haven't even started. but i'm going to try and take it easy on myself, set realistic goals that won't cause me to kill myself on any one activity. that's all i've got ;) but i love goal setting time, it is so gratifying and fun! good luck.

Pining for Pinterest said...

Glad to hear that your knee is getting better! Those sounds like attainable goals! You can do it!

Holly said...

Yay for your knee feeling better! Great goals to finish out 2009!

My 2010 thoughts include tackling that half-marathon!

Aka Alice said...

I have no idea where November went. I was writing today's date on the board and just stared at it for a bit...how did it get to be December?

Yay for feeling better. How about 2010 with no injuries...deal?

Shannon said...

I was just telling someone yesterday, "I can't believe it's December already." Wow time flys....

You should be looking forward to Christmas break soon. I have two races planned for 2010. One in March and one in August.

RunnerGirl said...

Great numbers!!!

Unknown said...

i can't do totals for november b/c i lost my notebook wahhhhhhh

i'm closing out 2009 with jingle bell 5k. all in all, it was a good year - year of healing my knee.

Kristen said...

Ahh, already December!

Great totals for the month and glad to hear your injury is improving.

Hmm, I have been thinking about goals etc for 2010 but nothing set in stone yet.

Runner Leana said...

So close to 1000 bike miles...go for it!!!

I would like to know what happened to the past 11 months, not just November! This year has flown by!!

Jess said...

You're right. I don't know how it's December already....ridiculous!

Lily on the Road said...

November has been a blurr for me. Your stats look GREAT!!

Hope your knee is on the mend, mine gets better and then flares up again....jeezzz at least we are still active and mobile....

Aron said...

nice job!!!

i cant wait to plan out 2010 :) i have many things in mind but am making myself wait until post marathon... so you know they will probably be posted on monday! haha jk jk ;)

Anne said...

I'm starting to think I jinx myself when I post annual goals. But I enjoy reading others' - including yours, S!