Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's snowing!

Driving to work this morning I was thinking about the fact that I haven't pulled out my Columbia winter jacket yet, and it's December 2nd! How exciting! The day was gloomy, and by the time I left work, there was a beautiful white blanket of snow on everything. Secretly, I was super excited to see this. I am a true North Dakotan at heart. (Remind me of this in January/February when it's brutally cold, windy, and I don't ever want to leave my bed)


In addition to the excitement of the snowfall, work was uber crazy today. Can I just say this full moon business definitely affects my job. The kids were different, and I am not saying crazy, just extremely different from their normal self, doing things they usually don't do. Plus, I had to deal with something I don't do on a regular basis, involving riding in a cop car with our resource officer to a child's home. Yeah, it's been a weird day.


Now, I am home and enjoying my new tv! Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas to myself! I will leave you with a a picture of my new pride and joy and a couple random Christmas decorations.



my knitted sock, a reminder of my Grandmother who passed away when I was five.

One of my knew favorite ornaments... PEACE. Makes me think of my brother-in-law in Iraq.

Do you have a favorite Christmas ornament?

17 comments:

Unknown said...

After being married 20 yrs we have a lot of ornaments. And they each have a story. New favorites each year...

SavvyFitChica said...

Awesome decorations! It looks great! very classy!~

My fave decoration is one my hubby and I bought on our honeymoon- our first ornament as a married couple.

RunnerGirl said...

Nice tv and decorations!

When we first got married I was sad that we didn't have any meaningful ornaments on our tree, so now every year we give each other a special ornament. I love them all but my favorite is probably the "Grease" ornament that plays Hopelessly Devoted :)

Badgergirl said...

I just put my fleece away and pulled out my winter pea coat. Haven't had to go the Columbia ski jacket route yet though.

Favorite Christmas ornament? There are so many, each with a different story. It changes each year or day depending on my mood. Makes me kind of excited to pull them all out this weeknd.

I Run for Fun said...

Love the pics...so classy and cozy at the same time! Snow outside just completes the picture!

Kristen said...

Ooh, I wish I had snow!!

Beautiful decorations. My favorite ornament is one my mom bought me when I was four years old - it is a kitten rolled up in a ball of yarn. Don't know why I love it so much - maybe just because it was a favorite as a kid but it still makes me smile.

Aka Alice said...

Having lived in a place were in snowed in the past, I will admit there IS something really cool and exciting about the first snow (the one that occurs before you get tired of it).

So...YAY for the first snow.

And BOO for the full moon. It affects college students too...and two weeks before finals...GAH! You'd think they'd be over it, but they're not.

Shannon said...

Your home looks lovely. :)

Anonymous said...

I love snow! I can't wait till it comes to Boston.
The decorations look great, yay for it almost being our birthdays!

Lily on the Road said...

What lovely warm, welcoming home, it just looks so sweet!

Nice prezzie too. Nice!

Wes said...

Wha? You haven't pulled out the Wooly Mammoth coat yet? :-D The only thing that TV needs is MORE FOOTBALL (or basketball in your case) :-)

Marlene said...

Your decorations look great!

Wow - some day at work. Hopefully today will be much quieter!

Jess said...

Ohhhh looooove the new TV!!! It will be great for watching all kinds of basketball come March!

J said...

Nice TV and i love the decorations! I have had to pull out my peacoat already : (

tri_al said...

oh my god i've got to get decorating! i saw the xmas display today and thought, noooo it's too early, then thought of this post and thought, hmmm maybe it's time to get moving :)

Carolina John said...

i can't believe you've got snow already. very cool. it's still 60 degrees out here today.

Holly said...

Your house looks so pretty! Beautiful decorations and great TV!