Monday, December 21, 2009

Welcome Winter!

I was so excited for this virtual "race", with my new Garmin 305 - a birthday gift from the 'rents (who needs to be named) and temps in the teens, but I just wasn't able to get outside. I had an after school meeting that went late, and by the time I was leaving it was getting dark and I wasn't ready to run in the dark.
So, I scurried off to the gym and kicked out a couple miles. My first mile, which I will count as my winter misery 1 mile was clocked at 10:27 at a 2% incline. I know that is a slow easy jog pace for most of you, but for me, coming off an injury and trying to take things easy, this was pretty darn fast.... and I was feelin' it!

So much fun! Thank you, RunningLaur, for putting this together!


Only 10.81 more miles to run to reach 45 plus miles this month and top out 2009 with 300 miles. And... I went through and re-added up my biking miles and noticed I made an error.... I had shorted myself some miles and am already at 1,000 miles for the year! done!

15 comments:

MCM Mama said...

Way to get it done! And great job on the 1000 biking miles.

Carly said...

Nice job! It must have been fun using your new toy from the rents.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on reaching your goal!

Shannon said...

I love when people come up with creative goals to get through the miserably winter. :) Keep it up Chicky.

Shannon said...

Great job on the run! I love my Garmin. I need to get a foot pod for it so I can use it in the gym too. But over the summer, it was glued to my wrist!

Wes said...

wha? Hasn't it been winter there for like six months :-)

Speed is relative to so many things. You keep tearin it up out there!

Anne said...

For all you've been through w/ injuries this year, those are impressive stats, especially on the bike. You covered a lot of mileage, girl.

Carolina John said...

Very cool. Git 'er done girl!

Ms Eva said...

Yay...Great job! I didn't realize there was a winter virtual - I've been so out of the loop. Thanks for the inspiration!

SavvyFitChica said...

Nice job! 2% incline doesn't sound like much, but it is once you're doing it. I like bumping up the incline every now and then and challenging myself. Keep up the good work this month!

Stay warm ! Happy Holidays !

Jess said...

Sweet job on the bike mileage! And you're not too far from your running goal! Glad you were able to rock out a pretty solid dreadmill run!

J said...

Great job on the one mile! With the 2% incline too! The treadmill incline is HARD! I only did 1% for my three miles the other day and was totally feeling it!

Anonymous said...

running on inclines on dreadmills ain't no cakewalk..congrats on being back UP on your feet...

Badgergirl said...

Nice job on both the run and hitting 1,000 miles on the bike!

Laurel said...

Oooh, fun birthday gift! Lucky you! :)

Try to stay warm up there. I was thinking of you this past weekend after we got some snow, then I remembered the pics you posted last winter, and I felt like a big baby. Haha!