Monday, August 31, 2009

Great Concert X 2

A couple friends of mine talked me into going to the David Cook concert last night. Now, I really like his music, but I didn't know if I wanted to pay to go see him, let alone do it on a school night. He was going to be performing at a smaller Venue in Fargo, the tickets were cheaper, and I just couldn't pass on the opportunity to hear him live. Plus, I LURVE going to concerts!

And the concert was AWESOME. Call me a geek, but I really thought it was great and we had a fun time. David Cook is really down to Earth and has a great sense of humor. He really connected with the audience. Here's some pics from DC's performance....

Backtrack a bit to before DC's performance.....

The opening act was a group called Crash Kings and I LOVED their music. Their more rock, but I love their sound and they have some real talent! After the concert I just had to pick up their CD, got their autographs, and took a picture with them. Super nice guys, and pretty attractive! Here's a pic from last night....From left to right.... Tony ... lead vocals with some mean piano/clavinet skills in there. Jason is the drummer.... and Mike, Tony's brother is the bass player. Here's a clip of one of my NEW favorite songs...





If you like rock, and get the chance to see them in concert, I HIGHLY recommend! I also recommend seeing David Cook, but that's just a given!

13 comments:

IronGambit said...

I like the first pic

Unknown said...

Very cool pictures!! What a fun night!!

I Run for Fun said...

Great pics! You look awesome in the pic with the Crash Kings. Glad you decided to go. I think David Cook is extremely talented.

Aka Alice said...

I'm way old for David Cook, but I do think he's adorable and really talented. I'd have gone in a heartbeat! Awesome pix!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a nice time. I love listening to bands play live....well as long as they are good.

Marlene said...

You were pretty close up! Great pics. I love concerts at smaller venues.

Too cool meeting the opening band!

Jess said...

Okay, I feel totally behind the times cuz I've never heard of either David Cook or the other band.

RunnerGirl said...

The pictures turned out great! I'm pretty much a fan of any live music, don't think I've ever been to a concert I didn't like!

Holly said...

Sounds like a fun night! Great photos!

Being Robinson said...

concerts are SO fun! glad you had a great time. good luck being back to school, i hope you have a great school year! and thanks for your kind words about my foot :) BTW, i got your shoes!! Thank YOU so MUCH!!! That is awesome, so appreciated. Now if I can convince my husband to take pictures of all the shoes I've been getting! ;)

Being Robinson said...

concerts are SO fun! glad you had a great time. good luck being back to school, i hope you have a great school year! and thanks for your kind words about my foot :) BTW, i got your shoes!! Thank YOU so MUCH!!! That is awesome, so appreciated. Now if I can convince my husband to take pictures of all the shoes I've been getting! ;)

Jess said...

Very cute picture of you and the band hotties!

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can phrase that I approve of with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is quiet a definitely as you did in the decrease efflux of this request www.google.com/ie?as_q=avg plus firewall / internet security 7.5.488a1138 ?
I noticed the utter you have in the offing not used. Or you partake of the pitch-dark methods of promotion of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg