Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tuesday's Random thoughts and questions...

  • This morning's swim was successful. 2000M in less than 50 minutes. I felt really strong and probably could have gone longer, but I guess I had to get to work.
  • The past 48 hours I have felt really "gassy" in my stomach. It feels gross and I am wondering what I might be eating too much of to cause this... fiber?
  • Today, about an hour after lunch I was hungry again. Could it be that my previous four days of workouts, one being a brick, were enough to increase my hunger? What's the dealio?
  • So... who else is joining Viv's next challenge?
  • During my lunch I spent a few minutes and was looking over my stats on my sidebar.. noticed that my running miles weren't adding up right... if I wasn't so obsessed with numbers I would probably let this slide, but it is bugging me big time.
  • I thought of starting to follow a 10K or half marathon training program... just to motivate myself to get in some long runs.. even if I am not doing a race. Am I weird?

Swim - 2000M, 46:00, 2:18/100M

13 comments:

Holly said...

Fiber definitely gets things moving!

L*I*S*A said...

I always need some sort of goal race to keep things interesting..

Unknown said...

Of course you are weird - you are a runner. We are all weird. ;-)

Nothing wrong with some 10k or half training.

That 'work' stuff always gets in the way.

Marcy said...

Fiber DEFINITELY gives me gas. It's so nasty, I'll be farting around the whole day if I eat Kashi cereal. It's lovely :P

teacherwoman said...

I was passing gas in the pool... now that's embarassing! :)

IronGambit said...

athletes always have gas!

teacherwoman said...

And I am supposed to be excited about this?!

SavvyFitChica said...

Maybe you're pregnant?








LOL! ; )

Wes said...

Too many trips (nips) from the ole bar, I'd say ;-)

sunshine said...

I started eating Activa yogurt (vanilla is my favorite) to get rid of that gassy feeling. It taste good and it actually has helped me get rid of that horrible (and at times, embarassing) feeling.

Unknown said...

good job on the swim.

i couldn't do a half marathon plan without a race on the calendar, but that's just me. hopefully you can follow the plan even without a target race. :-)

Unknown said...

I have had gas issues lately too but I think it is from peppers.
You will see me on Viv's next challenge. I can't wait. Any excuse to shed a few I am up for. Need all the motivation I can get

akshaye said...

Yeah i know the feeling. Its the worst ever when your stomach is like that.