Monday, October 6, 2008

Let me clear my throat...

Today's Song.... We Tryin' to Stay Alive by Wyclef Jean (feat. John Forte and Pras)
---
The hockey game last night was pretty good. Even though it was part of the regular season, the boys played well and we have a couple pretty decent freshman on our hands that know what their doing.
---
My sister and brother-in-law took my laptop in to an Apple store in the cities this evening. The tech thought it was most likely going to be software issues. However, he was quite wrong. It turned out to be the hardware. And it's a goner. Fo reals. Fo really reals. It looks like I might be computer-less for a while. I would really like to get another Mac, and if I do so, he said they will Apple will transfer everything onto my new computer for free. Plus, I get an educator's discount. I guess it's time to start researching what I would like, like things I didn't have before.... wireless internet capabilities, DVD player, video burner, etc.
---
This evening, after a long 10 hour day at work, I hit the gym for my run/lift session. I lifted first for about 20 minutes, primarily focusing on my lower body. Then I hit the treadmill and actually had almost 35 minutes. I wanted to work on some speed and just played it by ear. After my 3 plus miles I felt pretty good and could have probably gone longer, but I just needed to be done. I have a long swim tomorrow on the schedule! I finished the workout with a bit more lifting and then some stretching and ab work on the mat.

ORN: 3.4 miles, 34:10, 10:02/mile average
Lifted lower body
Abs
---


***Breast Cancer Awareness Information***
Changes you Can Make to Lower your Risk.....
Check it out! Who knows... you might learn something you didn't know before. I know I did... I didn't realize that alcohol consumption could have an effect on estrogen levels. Very interesting.
*information from breastcancer.org

Who could think of a better way to end the day, and 36 hours of non-stop rain, than a beautiful sunset like this? It's like a big wink from my friend who passed away almost 2 years ago. She loved the color pink and her family and friends to this day considers sunsets like these a "wink" from her. She continues to be missed by all and I know that I can speak for many that have had the blessing of knowing her, even if it were brief.... she has left a lasting impression on us all.

20 comments:

Holly said...

Sorry to hear about your laptop. Beautiful sunset!

Lesley Looper said...

Wow, way to go on the workout! Sorry to hear about your laptop. Would love to get a Mac, glad to hear you liked yours enough to get another.

IronGambit said...

ok! NOW that I have THAT song stuck in my head! ;)
Glad that you picked up on the title though, a think a lot of people missed that one !

Kevin said...

Wow that stinks about the laptop

Erin Leigh said...

aha aha aha...

Sorry about the computer. Very cool that they will transfer your stuff, that is a huge bonus.

Brianna said...

Beautiful post. As frustrating as the laptop biting the dust is, a new one will be fun one you get it picked out. Hang in there until then!

SavvyFitChica said...

Great workout!! Good for you.

I'm sorry to hear about your computer. Sounds like you need an upgrade anyway so you have some of the features that are "standard" now. It's a hefty price tag but if you plan for it, you can do it!

kelsalynn

J~Mom said...

Sorry about your computer. :<(

Stef0115 said...

Love the photo! Great capture there. Have fun with your swim tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Looking for a new computer can be overwhelming! Thanks for continuing to keep up with breast cancer awareness month.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that your laptop died. That's so sad.

Unknown said...

laptop death is no fun

pretty sunset - thx for sharing. :-)

Wes said...

Being able to get a new laptop sounds too good to be true :-)

Jess said...

That is a fantastic pic of the sunset!

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your laptop. Hope you get another Mac. Good job on the workout.

Marcy said...

I have Let Me Clear My Throat in my head :P

Uggghhh I'm so sorry about the comp. What a nightmare :-(

Unknown said...

Ouch! Sorry to hear about the laptop. I hope you find a good new one soon.

Nice job with the workout. I'm not sure if I could run on the treadmill after hitting the weights. They would probably feel like stone.

Lily on the Road said...

Love the way you made your tribute to your friend, very nice, a *wink* from heaven...love the photo...glad you have such nice memories.

Jess said...

Sorry to hear about your computer!!! The new Macs offer some great stuff though! I'm in love with mine!

BeachRunner said...

The computer crapping out is so frustrating. Sorry to hear that. RIP 'puter. Beautiful sunset pic.