Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October: Breast Cancer Awareness Month

I have made changes to my blog once again. This time, besides just looking for a change, I have a purpose in mind.

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Breast Cancer seems to affect more and more people each day. I hope to spread more awareness and education through random links and information within my posts (or in the sidebar) every once and a while throughout the month. Even if the color of my blog is enough awareness... I am fine with that!

Here's some information to start the month off:

Q: How many new cases of breast cancer are estimated in the United States in 2007?
A: New cases of breast cancer in the United states are estimated to be 178,480 (female); 2,030 (male). Of these an estimated 40,460 (female) and 450 (male) will die from the disease. (National Cancer Institute figures).

Q: How common is breast cancer in the United States?
A: Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women, aside from skin cancer.


----
Monday: Run 3 miles, 34:13, 11:24/mile
Lift u/b, abs

Tuesday: Run 1.82 miles, 20:00, 10:59/mile
Bike 8.96 miles, 27:00, 19.91mph

Wednesday: Lift u/b, l/b, core, abs
---

11 days until my 25 mile Breast Cancer Awareness Ride!!!


*Information from nbcam.org

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for spreading awareness!

Unknown said...

A very worthy cause for sure. Cancer has touched my family far too much already. That's why I wear a LiveStrong band all of the time. Great job spreading the word.

Danielle said...

I love the look and definitely good information to get out there.

Thanks for the props...I only hope I have great stuff to post on Sunday or Monday.

SavvyFitChica said...

I love the new layout and design. I love hte information and reminder about breast cancer even more. Thanks!

Kelsalynn

IronGambit said...

sweet background!

Ms. V. said...

One of my dearest friends is having a double mastectomy on Friday.

This thing is a bugger. Good for you for supporting!

Unknown said...

So good......

Marcy said...

I love it!! Looks very nice and thanks for the facts :-)

Anonymous said...

I love the new look to go along with Breast Cancer Awarenss Month!

Wes said...

Never enough!!

Unknown said...

Nice change. I actually have a mammogram scheduled for today.

Jess said...

I love the new look!

jahowie said...

I like the new look. It's a great cause too.

Viv said...

The new layout looks great. Thanks for the reminder I am very bad about the self checking and it is cruicial in early detection. I will get on it today. I hope the new layout reminds others as well :-)

Aron said...

love the look and definitely for a great cause!

AddictedToEndorphins said...

veryyyy nice! Great ideaaa

Runner Leana said...

Love the new look, and it is for a great cause. It definitely means more to me now after I had a wee bit of a scare earlier this year. Always remember to do self checks!

Holly said...

Great choice for a new layout! Thanks for sharing the information.

Unknown said...

That is a wonderful background all the way around!

Sherry said...

Esxcellent, EXCELLENT post!!!

Love the blog changes!