Sunday, October 26, 2008

All moved in....

Thanks to my wonderful family, moving this weekend went fairly well, minus a couple moments of misery.

Thursday night when my parents and youngest sister arrived, we moved a few more things from the apartment, including the huge (old) tv and huge entertainment center. It took us forever to get the entertainment down the stairs because of the narrow stairs and hallway. Eventually we were able to maneuver it enough to get it down there.

Friday, we woke to rain and tried to wait it out a bit before tacking the rest. We picked out the paint for the rest of the living/dining/kitchen area. By the time my other sister, Steph, arrived in Fargo, the rain had stopped and we tackled the rest of my stuff... things in the fridge, a couple bookshelves, odds and ends, as well as the huge couch and chair.

After taking down two doors and trying to get the couch in the basement, where I wanted it, it was decided that it was only going to fit upstairs. Now I need to find furniture to go downstairs so I can watch tv!

Yesterday, us girls spent a good chunk of time painting, and Dad put in a light dimmer in my room and a sensor light on my patio. Later on we checked out some furniture at a few stores before grabbing a bite to eat for dinner. Now I just need to make a decision on what I want for a couch and dining room table!

Here are a few pics... but remember, it's still a work in progress and I need to do a lot more painting and hang up some pictures/art work.

Living room/kitchen/dining room:

Before


After

The green stayed the same, but we painted all the other walls a yellow-creamish color (Bavarian Cream to be exact)





My favorite, the master bedroom:


Before
(Remember the nasty red?!)




After
(The markings on the wall are from the glass fixtures around the lights in the ceiling fan.)




I will post more pics when I have more rooms painted, art and pictures on the wall, and things organized in general.


I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! My back is a bit sore from painting and moving stuff, but I hope to be back to the gym tomorrow! Only 5 days left in October!


Oh... and we woke up to the sight of this ...

Don't worry, it has already melted, but the 40 degree temps and 36mph gusting winds might be sticking around for a few days....

30 comments:

IronGambit said...

So when do we get to do the house warming??? :)

Neese said...

it looks beautiful Stacy! the house is becoming a home! Congrats

BeachRunner said...

Wow!. Great job painting, furnishing and decorating. That is some kind of workout. You must be exhausted. Congrats.

It's just the beginning, but the last pic is just plain scary.

N.D. said...

Wow - you did a great job! I love the before/after pics!!! I'm glad the move went well!

Badgergirl said...

It looks great! And the snow? Scary.

hepsmom said...

Wow! That looks FANTASTIC! Nice gas prices there too, but I'm a warmer weather girl!

Anonymous said...

You guys must have worked hard this weekend. You new place looks nice. The master bedroom is so nice.

Jess said...

Glad you got all moved in and settled! The place looks great.

Unknown said...

Very nice! I can't believe you are seeing snow already. I am ready for some snow! Enjoy the new place!

Michelle said...

WOOHOO!!

Looks amazing TW!! I love your sense of decorating!!! YES, on the house warming party!!!

Unknown said...

wow - what a transformation in the master bedroom. i love the color you chose!!

AddictedToEndorphins said...

Congrats on moving in! LOVE the master bedroom. It's beautiful!

Rest up. I bet you feel like you just ran a longgg time:)

Anonymous said...

Your bedroom looks great!

Anne said...

Snow as your first official houseguest has to be a good sign, doesn't it?! You did a wonderful job with the rooms, especially the master bedroom. I'm just like, "Wow!"

Ms. V. said...

SNOW???????????

Ms Eva said...

Wow! Everything is coming together very nicely! Love the new colors! Your room looks so comfy!

Wes said...

Awesome!!! I hope you build many happy memories in your new home!!!!

Marcy said...

Oooohhhhh chica, that looks FABULOUS!! ;D ;D Awesome, awesome job!!

Jess said...

Wow that looks great! All the hard work is clearly paying off

Aron said...

LOOOOOVE the master bedroom! looking good!!

Unknown said...

It all looked great until the picture of the snow. Yuck!

Congratulations on the great progress with the new house.

Unknown said...

Looks like you all were some busy bees over the weekend. With that kind of effort you will have the place where you want it in no time. Looks awesome so far!

J~Mom said...

It looks wonderful!!! I really, really hate moving but the pictures of the brand new clean rooms look wonderful!

ncrunner12 said...

Holy cow... you guys put some serious work in... great job. I hate moving, but I'm in that boat now, moving out of an apartment and in with the GF.

Great idea with the before and after pics... looks really good.

Runner Leana said...

Nice job on the decorating! It looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Love the bedroom - very sexy! :) I can't believe someone had painted it red before - that was way ugly!

Snow?? Already?? Yikes!

K said...

Great looking house! We had a nasty red wall in our house when we moved in. One red wall in the family room and matching red paint on the CEILING of the kitchen. Nice to know we weren't the only ones shocked at such bad taste.

New house--let the fun begin. Be sure to solicit Home Depot gift cards for the holidays.

Holly said...

Yay! Your house is looking great!

akshaye said...

Very cool.. and way more soothing than the red! Congratulations! And we need more pictures once you settle in.

First snowfall already? Yikes!

Danielle said...

The work is looking great. I love the bedroom furniture. I so need to update my bedroom stuff.