Thursday, October 23, 2008

4 Day Weekend Kick-off

This 4-day weekend, due to ND Teacher's Convention (that isn't required), couldn't have come at a more perfect time. I was starting to reach my breaking point at work, due to paperwork, meetings, behavior issues, etc. On top of that, closing on the house, packing, moving, cleaning, and trying to be consistent with my workouts and nutrition has been hard. But, after this week, I hope to be back to my normal self. Whatever that may be.

To kick-off the 4 day weekend of craziness, I met a friend at the pool for a long swim. We did a lot of speed work and I probably only took 2 breaks. She was planning to finish with 2500M, and I just couldn't stop there; I wanted to push another 100M. So, we did.


Afterwards, I made breakfast for the both of us while we did some packing and loaded up both of our cars with boxes and hanging clothes. Good thing I am only moving a few blocks from my current apartment.


Now, I am going to do some more packing and cleaning before my parents and baby sis get to town tonight. Tomorrow Steph will be joining us and we will have a busy weekend full of unpacking, little cleaning, and more painting! I might have to put a few cold ones in the fridge to keep them all happy!


Have a great weekend y'all. I will catch up with you later and will hopefully have some pictures to post!
Today's Swim: 2600M, 58:00. 2:13/100M
Today's Song: New Kids on The Block ft. Ne-Yo - "Single"

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Four days off - very cool! Have fun with the family.

Great job with the swim workout.

BeachRunner said...

Great swim workout. Amazing that you were able to feel so strong with all you have been dealing with. Nice job.

Have a great 4 day weekend with the family. "Cin Cin" homegirl!!

IronGambit said...

NKOTB is not in my play list? I don't know why I remember NKOTB hehe

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful weekend. Can't wait to see pictures. Nice job on the swim too.

Wes said...

Just transfer some of that hard stuff from your apartment to the new house :-)

(be extra careful, it breaks ;-)

Jess said...

Enjoy your long weekend! I could sure use one of those.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with packing and enjoy the long weekend.

Unknown said...

nice!! i wish i had a 4 day weekend. Could really use it to put our house back together afer our tile project

Danielle said...

I have found beer and pizza to be the best ways to get people to help with moving!! :)

Badgergirl said...

Enjoy your long weekend!

SavvyFitChica said...

How exciting. I remember when my family came to help clean/paint/unpack our new house. It's so awesome to have them be a part of it! Great job with your swim and with being productive with your pad. It will all pay off! I can't wait to see pictures!

Marcy said...

Ooooohhh girl you need a breaky breaky :-) 4 day weekend sounds fantastic.

L*I*S*A said...

Have a great weekend. :)

Holly said...

Have a wonderful and productive weekend with your family!!

Holly said...

P.S. I gave your blog a couple of awards.

N.D. said...

I definitely need a convention in my state. The swim sounds great! Have fun this weekend!

ChillyJ said...

I may need that cold one to be happy!

hepsmom said...

Hope your 4-day weekend is going well! Enjoy the break. Believe me, I know you need it!

Neese said...

Hey girl, congrats on the house... hope everything else is going well, I'm just getting back to the blogworld!