Some of you, who should remain nameless, have been putting the 70.3 bug in my ear. So, I have been thinking about that, and my many other races I have interest in for 2009 and have come to a conclusion. Here's are the factors and decisions:
- For the past year or so, I have had 70.3 in my mind and as a goal to accomplish before I turn 30... thus being accomplished prior to 12.09.10. This gives me almost another 2 years to accomplish.
- In 2009, I would like to be able to do a couple shorter distance tri's first... since all I have done thus far is an indoor tri. I have two particular races in mind, one a sprint and one an olympic.
- 2009 is also going to be the year of hopefully 2 half marathons and a handful of other events.
- I have heard and read about many different 70.3 races and reports, but one that has intrigued me to no end is the Beach2Battleship 70.3 in November. It's in one of my all-time favorite places to travel to. In addition, since it takes place in November, it gives me the best months in North Dakota to train outdoors.
- Money is a factor as well. Actually, it is probably my biggest factor and decision maker. I just bought a house, and lots of furniture. I will be making a couple big trips this coming year and will hopefully be purchasing a new computer as well.
I am going to wait until 2010 to do Ironman 70.3...
...but don't you worry... I will be doing this distance... just not in 2009.
Unless I win the lottery.